• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbarnes12
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Exit diameter of linear comp?

I got a good deal on a linear comp, but it is 1/2x28. I can have a local machine shop rebore and rethreaded to 9/16x24. It is for a .223 now, so what size should the hole where the bullet exits comp be bored to for the 6.5 Grendel?
    sigpic
    Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

6.5mm is .264'' plus you need twenty thousandths (.020'') overbore clearance- some people say up to thirty thousandths overbore is fine- I have always gone .020'' over and had good luck. Guys with more experience feel free to chime in.
    -mike

Comment

• XOOFP
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2013

You may already know about these guys, but just in case you didn't... I believe they'll bore and thread to your specs. Pretty work IMO.

Comment

• kbarnes12
        Warrior
        • Nov 2011

I already have the comp, its made by Kaw Valley Precision. But they only do 1/2x28, and 5/8x24, so I figure a local machine shop should be able to fix it at a reasonable price.

sigpic

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Just curious, but whose barrel is it, that you need 9/16 x 24 threading?
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• kbarnes12
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
            Just curious, but whose barrel is it, that you need 9/16 x 24 threading?
            Alexander Arms.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X