• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Vortex killFLASH ARD

Has anybody tried to use the Vortex killFLASH ARD for Razor HD 5-20x50 on a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Riflescope?

I'd really like a killFLASH that screws into my scope.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I contacted Vortex yesterday about this. The rep said the threads are different and it wouldn't work.

Who the hell decided that when they designed these scopes??? :?

Anyways, I asked them if they had any plans to offer a screw in ARD for the PST in the future. He said not at this time, but has received several requests. I insured them I'd buy if they did. Maybe if we flooded them with request it'd happen.

Comment

I guess you're stuck with the cap ones for now.

I may have to rethink my next optics purchase because I like the screw in ones as well.

Comment

not to hijack but how do you like yours? I'm not into the completely blank top half of the reticle. it goes, 0-10 then disappears the subtension is all screwed up if your trying to sight on the top marks to get more elevation. (Zeroing at the Plus 20 line to allow a full 40 moa of drop in the reticle. This makes you depend on lower magnification for longer shots(Unless I'm totally wrong)

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

I think you're looking at the reticle at 6x. It's FFP so at 24x it looks like: http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/..._ebr1_mrad.jpg It's approximately a 16x16 mil reticle.

I love my PST. I will say lately I've seen several used Razor HD 5-20x50 (MRAD) for around $1700. If I can get one down to $1400-$1500 I'm going to pick one up and sell my PST.

Comment

The Razor HD 5-20x50 is a very big scope, with a huge elevation knob that would be great for turret decals with drop card data on there. It's way too big for a little carbine, in my opinion, just like a Bushnell HDMR is too big, although shorter.

I only use ARD's when certain competitions require them, and even then, most of the shooters remove them for most of the stages. USO has a great polarized ARD that actually works.

Comment

Working...
            X