Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

Vortex Strikefire

Anyone utilize a Vortex Strikefire? What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Rick
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

I have a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 and will say this, it is the best scope I have and the light transmission is so good I am sold for my next buy. It will be another Vortex anything....just going with the 4x sort of limits you there and the 7 power does really good at further range (200-300yrds). I have a Sig4x and it's limiting. Good to 100yrds but with a Grendel, now I need way over the 7x. You will outgrow the 4x quickly but it can be used for certain applications, in the woods, close quarters..etc..

Vortex anything is good

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

I bought one for my Dad last christmas and put it on one of his 556 ARs.

As far as a red dot goes, it's no eotech or aimpoint, but for the price it's a great little optic. I had also bought one of Vortex's 3x swivel to side magnifiers (older Version) from a member of the horde here.

It's a great inexpensive little setup for coyote hunting or plinking. If I was on a budget of less than $300 I'd pick one up to put on an AR.

I'll say this though as my eyes haven't gone yet I still prefer Iron Sights when operating at 1x. Though that's only because how comfortable I am with Iron Sights due to my hundreds of hours of experience with them.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• vanguard138

Yea, I actually like the peep sight on he M-16, but was looking for something that was a quicker target acquisition applcation.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I bought a red only Strikefire and have it sighted in for my 16" 6.5 Grendel. This is good sight for the money but I don't care for the 2X magnifier. For close in targets the 4 MOA dot is OK but I like my E O Tech's reticle (65 MOA circle 1 MOA Dot) better. I do like the Strikefire night vision setting which might come in handy for varmint hunting. The sight has held zero and seems to have decent battery life but uses a CR 2 battery which are a little pricey.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

The Vortex is pretty much a great, mid-level optic. It works, and is affordable. I also like the integrated dust covers, but only for conditions where you're toting the weapon through dusty/rainy conditions.

Having said that, I also prefer my Aimpoint micro H1 for Home/Self defense. Turn it on - leave it on - always ready to go. Up gun, acquire and fire. Nothing to think about. It's also lighter and less bulky than most other quality optics, and as durable as an anvil. Worth the additional money, for me. Buy once - cry once.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

That...or go ahead and get the Aimpoint T-1 if you think there is a non-zero chance you will ever use night vision with it. They are pricey but hard to beat.

Comment

Not a fan of the 2x magnifier, personally I can do without but for the money you can't beat the Strikefire. Another good product from Vortex is the Sparc red dot. I've got both, good products.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• vanguard138

Decided to get the Aimpoint Pro from Larue. Should ship tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

This is a Strikefire on one of our AR15's:

Comment

I have a strike fire on my ak. It is a great optic for the price. Durable, holds zero well, and the dot is pretty crisp. It is a little dark to look through when compared to some higher end red dots, but for $170 its great. I actually had it on one of my .556 ar's and swapped it out for a trijicon Tripower tx30.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by vanguard138 View Post
                        Decided to get the Aimpoint Pro from Larue. Should ship tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.
                        Very good choice. All the bang for a reasonable buck. Plus, you get that near infinite battery life. I doubt you will ever regret it.
                        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                        X