Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanprophet

Anyone use a Nikon P-223 4-12x40 BDC 600

Well I have a Grendel build, or Rebuild going on, so I wanted to get some things together for this rifle. Mostly a hunting stick, not looking for a tactical rifle since I have some of those already. But I will get out and make some long ones every now and then.

For the scope I was pondering quite a few options. Like anything there is endless options, just depends how much cash you have to burn, and for me that is not a lot! But I know you get what you pay for. And I am not going to put some high dollar glass on a hunting rifle. So having a Nikon with the BDC on my muzzle loader I decided on the P-223 series. The scope was in my budget, has good reviews, and even entry level Nikon's seem to be decent made glass. I always have the option of putting it on one of the 556 rifles, and with Nikon's spot on program the BDC looks very good for the 6.5.

So far the scope looks good, nice and clear.

Anyone using one, or one similar?
  • frittsk
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2013

I have one on my mine. 20" barrel and shooting Nosler Ballistic Tips at around 2400fps it is really close on the BDC at 7 power. I really like the scope, and as you mentioned, it is affordable. Shoots great using the BDC out to 500 yards. I haven't killed anything with it yet, but it is very accurate as long as you know your shooting distance.

Comment

• Dan
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2013

I have the 3-9 on my .223 and have been very happy with it.

Comment

• Onewolf
        Bloodstained
        • May 2013

I have a P-223 3-9X on one of my 5.56s. The glass is good and the turrets are fine but the BDC reticle is just not ideal for my usage. I shoot steel targets from 100-500 yds with different loads and the BDC/Spot-On is just not as efficient (for me) as a mil-hash reticle and a ballistics smart phone app.

I'm thinking about trying a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP scope on this rifle.

Comment

• Blacklab
          Warrior
          • Mar 2012

not the p series but I have 2 m-223 nitroplex 3x12 on a 223 & Grendel one 3x9 buckmaster for the new ruger 204. Still working on load developments. So I don't have much on the turrets at this time. The side focus and clearity are great.
          Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Does the p223 4x12 have reservable zero when you get it sighted in?

Comment

• Everrest
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
              Does the p223 4x12 have reservable zero when you get it sighted in?
              The Elevation turret on the P223 4-12, is a target turret marked with Yardage for a .223@3240fps, 55gr polymer Tip, 1click = 1/4" /100yd. You can raise the turret and reset it to 100yds. The turret stem is marked for revolutions.
              The P223 turret is spring loaded tension and does not have the same positive lock the M-223 and M308 have when resetting zero. So be careful not to lift the turret when setting shooting yardage.
              The Nikon Spot-on software can provide Ballistic tables in clicks for any caliber and velocity, along with estimated yardage for the BDC.
              If you use a M223 scope mount, be sure to keep the mount/scope centered by using a bore site when tighting the base because it is not self centering. I prefer a Burris PEPR mount.

Comment

Working...
              X