• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waxapple
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2011

proper base/scope installation

Hello hoard,
    I'm using a 20 moa ADM recon. My question, does the ring offset require extensive lapping?
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Welcome, waxapple. No, you shouldn't need to do any significant lapping, as the rings and base are cut as a single unit. It doesn't hurt to use a lapping tool, if for nothing else, to ensure maximum contact with your scope, but you should see no issues related to the 20 moa cant.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• waxapple
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2011

Thank you.

Comment

• customcutter

Waxapple,

Welcome. I'm also looking at the ADM mount.

Comment

• waxapple
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2011

Have not had a chance to shoot it but it looks well made. I think LRRFP52 posted a video of a test. It seems to do well if left attached but wanders a bit if removed between shots. My thinking is quick removal of a damaged optic with backup flip ups. Once on I hope it stays on. Not the best but not bad for the $.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by waxapple View Post
            Have not had a chance to shoot it but it looks well made. I think LRRFP52 posted a video of a test. It seems to do well if left attached but wanders a bit if removed between shots. My thinking is quick removal of a damaged optic with backup flip ups. Once on I hope it stays on. Not the best but not bad for the $.
            It is a quality, low cost mount. I'd posted my thoughts on it, here:

After a poor experience with the $100 Nikon 20 MOA mount, I ordered the ADM Recon QD, also with a 20 MOA elevation. (What I should have done, in the first place.) Up to this point, I've harbored my doubts about QD mounts being able to Return to Zero, and have expressed them here on the board. Well, I am now ready to eat those
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• waxapple
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2011

Nugg,
              That's the thread that set me on it. The information and presentation on this forum is bettered by none.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by waxapple View Post
                Nugg,
                That's the thread that set me on it. The information and presentation on this forum is bettered by none.
                Oh. Well then, carry on!

Comment

Working...
                X