Your Preferred Silencer model and Vendor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Preferred Silencer model and Vendor?

Which silencer would you guys recommend for use with AA 18 inch button rifle barrel and the 10.5 inch tactical upper?

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

WCI/Templar arms is in the process of releasing a brand new suppressor designed specifically for the Grendel, and also available in other calibers.

I personally intend on running a 7.62 suppressor, so that I can move it from one rifle to another, and suppress my Grendel, 7mm WSM, .308. Although I also intend to have an integrally suppressed 16" Grendel.

If WCI/Templar can't meet your needs, then I would consider an AAC, as I have heard good things about them.

Comment

Thank you bwaites.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
        I personally intend on running a 7.62 suppressor, so that I can move it from one rifle to another, and suppress my Grendel, 7mm WSM, .308.
        Ya mean, this .308?

Comment

For noise suppression, I've been most impressed with Ase Utra, BR Tuote, Brugger & Thomet, TBAC, and AWC in high power rifle calibers such as .30 and .338. The .30 cal cans work great on 6.5 rifles like .260 Rem, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5x284, and so forth. I think Brugger & Thomet has impressed me the most across different calibers on high-power rifles and subguns as well. I always come away thinking "Hollywood" quiet, which is rare with cans. The AWC in .338 is also impressive, but insanely expensive. A lot of the cans I mentioned aren't imported into the States, since the ATF doesn't allow it.

For Stateside use, I would first look to ThunderBeast Arms Corps for lightweight, quiet, minimal shift thread-on cans. I would recommend staying away from QD mechanisms for bolt guns and precision rifles, since you usually thread on most of the QD systems anyway, and they are often too hot to handle, even with Nomex gloves. They are also significantly heavier. Titanium cans are heavy enough for my taste already, even the tiny cans. The guys that own and run TBAC are long-range and 3-gun competitors who shoot often, place within the top 3 usually in competition, and have no illusions about what is needed at the end-user level for suppression. Once you get into cans, you realize that they really don't reduce the noise level that much, and are hard to justify all the paperwork hassle the ATF gives you to get one, especially when you get into repairs, resale, transport across State lines, and so forth.

Comment

Thanks for your comments LRP. I have a Ops Inc on my 6.8. It does reduce noise to about. .22 rimfire and Ron is a good guy. Corbon offers a sub-sonic load. I still were ears when shooting supressed. I think I'll go with AAC 726-sdn. AAC has the flash hider mount threaded for the G6.5 barrel. I let you know how it goes.

Comment

I've known these guys for years, and they have some of the lightest, quietest, minimal shift cans on the market right now. Most of their cans feature Titanium construction throughout. They actually use their cans in competition on a very regular basis, and the most of the comps they attend or run are Safari-type adventures with lots of hiking, running, and rocky/mountainous terrain that puts a beating on men and gear.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Waveman View Post
                I think I'll go with AAC 726-sdn. AAC has the flash hider mount threaded for the G6.5 barrel. I let you know how it goes.
                I have an AAC 762-SD that I use on all of my Grendels, and I really love it. I've never used the SDN, but you'll likely like it.LOL

It's good knowing one can will cover you from 300 Winmag down to 5.56. If I'd known that back when I started, I wouldn't have "needed" all of the six cans I have now.LOL

I'm still hoping to hear more about Warped/Templar's new can though. I hope they can get it metered and post up some data and pics!!! (Hint Hint!!! )
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                X