• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Jp scs

So I have been thinking about getting a JP SCS for my sbr build. But I'm having a hard time with the cost. So I figured I'd ask those who use one if they think its worth the extra money. Since it'll be that or this Spike's T2 with JP tuned buffer spring.

Plus is there anyone selling them for less than 130-135.00
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

I really like it personally. On my lightweight 17.6" Lilja barreled Grendel, it really tames the recoil and movement to the point that I can spot my hits. The set-up weighs 7lbs, 12oz. with a 2.5-10x32 Vortex in NF Unimount. Even with the bipod mounted, I could carry this thing in the mountains all day, at low oxygen levels.

The JP SCS has jumped to the top of my list for preferred buffer and spring arrangements, but there are some things to consider when using them. I suspect that the spring and weights are set up for a low mass carrier as it comes from the factory, so there is a lot of spring strength to keep the bolt locked as long as possible, in addition to pretty heavy buffer weights.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Do you know any place that's selling them for less than 139.00?
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
      X