• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Nikon CS

I was out target shooting when my rifle took a bad fall and landed on the scope M223 3x12x42 6 months old. Happened when I was in load development stages. After a few more trips to the range my moa never got better than 1.5 or 2. I can shoot sub moa. So It got me thinking that maybe the scope got tweaked when it hit the ground. I called Nikon told them what was going on. They said they'll look at it. Well almost 3 weeks later the brown truck came with my scope. My new scope! they replaced it, can't believe it. Looks like a newer a model since the turrets are completely different. But in a good way. The paper work doesn't explain why they replaced it. Just that they did. Points for Nikon.
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Interesting. I had a Nikon Tactical, which is no longer made. I noticed that the tail of the scope (the ocular portion of the scope) had loosened, but since there was no degraded function, I wasn't worried about it. Then last fall, while at LRRPF52's course in Utah, I noticed that an internal O ring had fallen into the field of view.

I went online, filled out a service request, and shipped it off. I bought the scope used 8 years ago, so I expected I would have some charge to get it fixed. A few days later, I got a repair notice that it was a warrantied repair. Then just few days after that, and less than 3 weeks from sending the scope off, I received a new Monarch 7 as replacement. I was a little frustrated because it wasn't exactly the same scope, but it was their best available scope in that magnification.

I contacted them to see if my old scope was available, but they told me it had been sent to the boneyard. I then asked if I could swap the 2.5-10x50 for the 4-16x50 Monarch 7 and they said "no problem" and sent me a return shipping label. I boxed it up and shipped it back and a week later the new scope arrived.

I'm impressed by the glass so far, and it has the option to get a free turret based on my load, so I'll send that off in a few weeks.

I can only guess that Vortex's guarantee was hurting the other scope manufacturers, and so they are stepping up their game.

KUDOS to Nikon!

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

Nice bwaites congrats I have to admit that was the second thing I looked at, range of power. lol No such luck. Still extremely happy with the Nikon CS.
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

That mirrors my experience with nikon.

Zeis on the other hand. Smh
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Drift
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

Me, not so much. Maybe 12-15 years ago I bought a set of top-of-the-line Nikon binoculars. Fantastic glass, no complaints at all. Then a couple of years ago for no good reason I sent them in for (first time ) cleaning. I payed a small fee maybe $10. And they came back 2 months later. Within a week one of the metal bands on the r side fell off. They still work great and I never complained, but I think I'll go with vortex next time.

Comment

Working...
          X