X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GarandThumb
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

I'm late to the party for this thread, but like the OP I was looking for a mount to put on my grendel build and I had a similar budget. I also wanted something with 20 moa built in. I ended up going with the LaRue LT745 mount with the VFZ clamps. You can choose it with 0 moa, 10 moa or 20 moa. I'm still a couple months away from completing my build but I did a test fit on the upper, I think it's going to work out real good. Here is a short video I made that gives you a good close up look:

Comment

• olde sarge
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Thanks guys, after a lot of reading and studying the recommendations I went with LaRue LT104-30 VFZ SPR M4 mount. I am satisfied with it. Well made, fits up as if custom made for my Precision Firearms Billet upper. Is just what I needed as I included the LT136 ring adapters in the purchase. Is built "Hell For Strong". Thanks again, John

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

there are a lot of situations where things cost more than you would like especially with guns, i am a firm believer in buy once cry once with many things, geissle triggers, larue mounts, if you want to reload progressively i whole heartedly recommend a Dillon 650 with full dress it will cost you but mine has paid for its seld 5 times over except for the 44 mag and 45 colt dies/conversions, i ronicly i often find myself in a situation where items such as a larue for an new project are out of the budget for the time, in which case i go cheap and make it work until the proper arrangement is in the budget
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Birdog
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2013

I have (2) LaRue LT104's on different guns and absolutely love them. The mount can be removed and replaced without losing zero (no need to re-sight). Not only does it make gun cleaning easier, but the design allows you to mount the scope further forward, stretching out ahead of the receiver, resulting in better eye relief. It also elevates the scope an extra 1/2". No doubt they're pricey, but once you own it you'll never regret buying it.

Comment

Working...
          X