X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Well, you can look at this from an economic and/or a marketing perspective. I am talking about the price elasticity (of demand). Or you can consider market segmentation. You can flood the market with suppressors at a low price expecting a large volume of sales with a small profit margin on each. Or you can price suppressors with a higher profit margin and be comfortable with fewer sales. A spin-off of fewer sales is that you can choose carefully your distribution channel and justify even higher margins due to the perception of exclusivity (e.g. Rolex watches).

Polluting this theory is the $200 tax stamp which I understand has not changed since its inception at the end of prohibition in 1934. Back then $200 represented a lot of money and was a means of regulating the gangsters and poaching (Depression). I agree, the fee has long since past the spirit of its original intention.

As for Surefire raping civilians with their prices. I agree also, they rape the Government as well. Charging $3,000 per unit for a 35W HID in a robust housing (the 'Hellfighter'). When you can fit a 35W HID to your car for under $100 you couldn't convince me in a million years that they are simply covering the R&D costs for making the unit robust. Love that marketing name, 'Hellfighter'...it almost justifies another $100 by itself.

Have not heard of your suppressor unfortunately. It may be good but Variable makes a good point. If you have to jump through extra hoops to get it then I would stick with brands that are tried-and-true...like Surefire...

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by wraith1516 View Post
      yes society has turned our children into helmet wearing germophobic sissified little babies that expect a trophy every time they do something
      Something like this...

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• wraith1516
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Lol rotf

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• wraith1516
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

the other 1 I've been giving serious consideration is the Thunder beastas I don't mind weight the only thing is the point of impact shift that I'm worried wondering aboutwhat one would you recommend is the least expensive but gives a decent performance to be read as least point of impact shift

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

POI shift is a product of barrel concentricity, thread shoulder squareness, thread alignment, and the concentricity of the suppressor itself.

The TBAC cans came out of nowhere, and became top tier for precision rifle shooters.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• wraith1516
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Btw the one I made moves p o I 3/4" right and 1 1/2" down at 100 meters i'd have to say not to bad for a $65 knocktogather maglight and the first one I ever made and I don't even have in engineering background (no disrespect intended to any engineers on this forum )

Comment

• wraith1516
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Thank you lrrpf52. the setup on my upper is a mega arms mkm15 20"bhw 1 in 8 twist Wilson Combat rifle length gas system adjustable so it's almost all premium partsbest group I've gotten so far is three eighths of an inch and a hundred meters
                  Last edited by wraith1516; 03-30-2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• lead chucker
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

I'm also considering another suppressor and looking at the new Thunderbeast ultra 7. They aren't on shelves yet soooo no one has any experience with them. They have a great reputation and probably one of the best customer services anywhere.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

I pawed over the TBAC Ultra series at SHOT, and the Ultra 7 feels like an aluminum .22 rimfire can, but takes 18" 300 Win Mag beating to the tune of 5000 rounds so far. It weighs 9.7oz for the brake attach model. It is also quieter than the original 9" 30P Ti can.

Those are real performance changes over what was cutting edge just a few years ago, being able to make a quieter, shorter, stronger, lighter can.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• wraith1516
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2014

Have they released an msrp on the new one yet

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

Griffin Armament Recce7 715.00 Plus tax stamp and Griffin talked about poi and this is what they recommend out of there products. I don't know there's numbers off the top of my head. You can also buy a can from capital armory they have a 4 month payment plan.

If I come across the poi numbers on the Recce7 I'll advise you.

the other 1 I've been giving serious consideration is the Thunder beastas I don't mind weight the only thing is the point of impact shift that I'm worried wondering aboutwhat one would you recommend is the least expensive but gives a decent performance to be read as least point of impact shift
                          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• lead chucker
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

Have they released an msrp on the new one yet
                            Your looking at around $950 for a ultra 7 depending on the configuration. Think I'm going to order in the next day or two.

Comment

• K280
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2014

I have a 30P-1 and it is very accurate and repeatable. I have a Silencerco Harvester in NFA jail right now. The check cleared 2-20-15, should have it early to mid May. How accurate is your home built mag lite suppressor? A buddy is going to build one for a SBR.

Comment

• lead chucker
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2014

I went ahead and ordered a Ultra 7 today! Now for a LOOOONG wait again. They said it will take longer for them to receive the can from thunderbeast than the wait for the stamp.

Comment

Working...
                                X