Wtb boyds stock for my howa mini grendel but im in new Zealand ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kiwi shooter View Post
    But a gun part under 100usd can be exported can be exported without a permit i got heaps of stocks in from boyds before they put their prices up from 99 to 120usd for standard model
    And boyeds still exports if its under 100
    Like there sale items plenty of my mates have recently ordered stocks from boyds rapid fire sales
    With no issues
    But its just a case of weather a howa mini one comes on sale

Yeah keep an eye out in oz
    Pm me if anything comes up
    Cheers
    Darryn
    No worries.

One last thought. Brownells have this self-imposed $100 threshold whereas Midway won't export at all, even to a drop-shipper in the States. You can buy a $9 Colt auto-sear for a full-auto M16 from Brownells. They might even post it to your address in NZ. As it crosses the border however I have no doubt it will be seized by US Customs as 'defence-related'. It doesn't matter to them how much you paid for it, or even if it was free or a 'gift'. The only way it will get past them is if they don't check everything and especially small parcels. The destination country may also be a factor in the risk-profile; I.e. friendly countries vs. not so friendly.

When we had that barrel-blank confiscated it didn't matter when we told them it's only a blank and the same Krieger blank is available here in Australian gun shops...It was just 'defence-related' and they had made their mind up. THE END.

Anyway, good luck, I am sure an empty stock will be way down on their worry list. Hopefully lower than a barrel blank.
    Last edited by Klem; 10-30-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• splashy
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2017

So, living in Australia, I have ordered a couple of Boyds stocks from Hunting Haven. I think he does orders with Boyds every month, which then take a couple of months to come through. I ordered a custom Boyd's stock for my wife through him, and I have a couple of mates whop have done the same. Have a look here: https://www.huntinghaven.com.au/c/gun-stocks/249
      The issue for you will be that under Australian trade law they can't sell or supply something they know will be sent overseas, which would controvene laws designed to protect distributers blah blah blah blah legal stuff. So if you know of anyone in Australia willing to order for you and then ship on, that is one solution. ....and a search of Google for NZ distributors of Boyds gives me this... http://www.gunrack.co.nz/boyds-gunstocks/ .... but you just have to pay the middle man his profits....

Comment

• kiwi shooter
        Warrior
        • Mar 2017

Might even build one be a good project

Comment

Working...
        X