WTB - Grendel bolt and barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Grendel bolt and barrel

Looking to purchase a gently used barrel and bolt to round out a custom build. Been researching this round and very excited to git er dun! Thanks!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome. Might want to contact Alexander Arms, they have barrel/bolt combos.

Comment

Thanks bwaites! I've been eying AA for a couple weeks now. Just seeing if anyone has something they'd like to unload.

Comment

If AA has them in stock, those are the ones you want!

Comment

I'm curious if there is any quality difference between an AA duo or BHW .264 lbc (besides the obvious)?

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

I've never heard anyone complain about an AA barrel, or if they have, Bill Alexander has fixed it before it was complained about publicly.

BHW uses polygonal rifling, and there is no history of that rifling and the Grendel. My concern with polygonal rifling and accuracy is that I can't find a single instance of anyone using polygonal rifling and winning at the regional or National level in the long range shooting sports in the last 10 years or so. Conversations have led me to believe that there may be a reason for that, but I have no experience, so I'm really hoping someone will spend their money and tell us what happens! LOL!!

Comment

Who makes AA barrels? (if that's known) And are the standard barrels of a quality manufacture? That's great info, bwaites. Finally something unique I haven't read while trolling about the differences.

Comment

I know my smith has 18" SS Walther 6.5 Grendel barrel/bolt combos in stock. PM me if you want his info

Rob

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dbsnole93 View Post
                  Who makes AA barrels? (if that's known) And are the standard barrels of a quality manufacture? That's great info, bwaites. Finally something unique I haven't read while trolling about the differences.
                  There are multiple manufacturers for AA. Shilen makes some, Shaw makes the entry line, and there are some new cut barrel manufacturers coming on line. Bill Alexander is REALLY picky about barrels, and dedicated to making sure that people are happy with what they get.

Comment

Btt. 18-20". Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X