Les Baer 16" mid weight M4 in 6.5 Grendel Upper FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Baer 16" mid weight M4 in 6.5 Grendel Upper FS

SOLD Pending FundsI'm thinking of selling one of my older 6.5 Grendel uppers. It has a 6.5 Grendel chamber and was built by Les Baer before he went to the .264 LBC. The test targets are included and document two five shot groups fired by Les at 100 yards using a 36X Leupold from the bench. Both groups are with Black Hills factory loads and are very small, the pic shows .354" outside to ouside for one of the groups that means it is less than .1 MOA center to center.
    I've never shot a group that small but I've shot lots of them less than 1/2 MOA with it and several 1/4 MOA. It has about 1,200 rounds on it and still shoots as good as the day it was new and has less than 0.02" throat errosion. So I would expect it should go another 4,000 rounds before accuracy drops off.
    The receiver is their slick side receiver without a forward assist, the hand guard is the vented four rail and both are coated with Dupont S coat. Additonally it has the LBC NM bolt carrier and bolt both of which are chrome plated. And it comes with a Versa-Pod bipod installed. The upper is in top condition with the exception of a hole I drilled in the bottom front of the handguard to mount a bag rider system. The hole is easily covered by the Versa-Pod or magpul ladder type rail guards. This upper new sells for $1,330. Since I have used about 1/4 th of it's barrel life and drilled the hole, I'll let it go for $900 shipped to the lower 48 states.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2012, 04:49 AM.

holy moly!

Comment

• COTNTOP
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Read toooooo late on that one.

Comment

Working...
      X