WTT: Boyd's Classic in Pepper Laminate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daved20319
    Warrior
    • May 2019

WTT: Boyd's Classic in Pepper Laminate...

WITHDRAWN, DECIDED IT'S NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL

Bought this thinking I might someday use my new Howa Mini Grendel as a hunter, but the reality is, it'll probably never kill anything but paper. Looking for something more suitable for target/bench use, either the Boyd's Pro Varmint, or perhaps trade towards a chassis, really thinking I NEED an Oryx . Stock is like new, haven't even finessed the inletting for my action. No pics at the moment, but will try to get some up later. Just to be clear, this is for the Howa Mini action with heavy barrel. Thanks for looking.

Dave
    Last edited by daved20319; 06-04-2019, 01:30 PM.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I might be interested in this trade. I have a pro varmint in black and a 20moa rail I could put with it in the trade.

Had to do a ton of fitting too get it too free float and have a smooth run for the bolt in its race way, and just spray painted it black where I did the work.

Nothing professional but it's a solid stock. Just a bit heavy for the walk in hunting I do.

I can get you some pics, but if you look under my post you will see some pics of it I have posted.

Comment

• daved20319
      Warrior
      • May 2019

Interested, but you might want to check the specs on the Classic, mine weighs in at 2 lb. 9 oz., I think the PV is just under 3 lb. Is that enough to matter? I would like to see some pics, you can email them to me at:
      daved20319 at hotmail dot com. Later, and thanks.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Yea that's not enough weight savings.

Comment

• daved20319
          Warrior
          • May 2019

Yeah, that's about what I figured. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X