X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

I like this site alot. What brings me back time and time again over the course of many years is the level of respect given by all the members. Once the green light is given to openly heckle, belittle, and ridicule others over their prices or opinions, the quality of the site degrades. Look at VAGuntrader as an example. No one but the OP and Mods can post a reply in sale ads. Everything is done professionally via PM. It's a novel idea and works wonderfully.

Thanks, Dinny

Addendum: I'm more concerned about getting burnt by someone with few posts. By the time someone gets 287 posts we generally have an idea of their character. It's not hard to read all their posts while trying to decide whether they're an honest or credible person.
    Last edited by Dinny; 03-07-2021, 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
      I like this site alot. What brings me back time and time again over the course of many years is the level of respect given by all the members. Once the green light is given to openly heckle, belittle, and ridicule others over their prices or opinions, the quality of the site degrades. Look at VAGuntrader as an example. No one but the OP and Mods can post a reply in sale ads. Everything is done professionally via PM. It's a novel idea and works wonderfully.

Thanks, Dinny
      Dinny:

Guys who scalp have no -- none -- zero -- respect for the members. Showing them anything but the door is enabling them.

I don't consider JM to be scalping but I do consider $4.00 a round for Grendel ammo to be a rip off and am sick of enabling this sort of thing by acting like it isn't happening.

That's it and maybe JM wants this thread locked so he can regroup and come back with something like $150.00 per hundred which I still think is way overpriced but maybe something someone will go for.

LR 55

Addendum 1: Read post #8 of this thread. Here is what I said to JM. "Nope -- not going to ban you. You participate here and are obviously a shooter and handloader."

Addendum 2: The moderators on the Grendel Forums are not being paid. We are volunteers. And we don't want to be obligated to responding BC to guys making offers and counter offers and or any of ten million things that can happen between a buyer and seller. I wouldn't even want to do it if I were being paid for moderating here. My time is precious and if two guys can't deal with each other back channel for a sale, you know what they say in Russia....
      Last edited by LR1955; 03-07-2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Javman
        Warrior
        • Jan 2016

LR,

Lock it up if you want, your the admin and do as you wish. I have no qualms with anyone. I adjusted the price down to what more less is selling on other places and if someone wants it no problem. Do as you deem necessary.
        I am not about to get into a pissing match here with anyone.

Thanks,

javman

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Per the request of Javman, the thread is locked. If someone wants to offer him something for the ammo, please do so B/C.

LR55

Comment

Working...
          X