• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longrange223
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2023

FOUND: 20" Grendel barrel FOUND

Looking for a better barrel for my 6.5 Grendel, Wanting something for better accuracy than I have now in my BCA upper, Prefer rifle length gas system and for a .750 gas block, Nothing super expensive but just want to get the best bang for the buck, Mostly used for shooting paper out to 1000 yards, Let me know if you have anything available or any recommendations would be appreciated...
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 07-08-2023, 04:28 PM. Reason: FOUND
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

This is the barrel I have on my Grendel AR:

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• longrange223
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2023

how accurate is it?

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by longrange223 View Post
        Looking for a better barrel for my 6.5 Grendel, Wanting something for better accuracy than I have now in my BCA upper, Prefer rifle length gas system and for a .750 gas block, Nothing super expensive but just want to get the best bang for the buck, Mostly used for shooting paper out to 1000 yards, Let me know if you have anything available or any recommendations would be appreciated...
        I went through 3 of them before I found one that performed like I wanted. It's an Alexander Arms 1/9 twist, which is mine (and was Bill Alexander's) preferred twist rate for a 20" BBL. Nobody else seems to think so - ah well.
        4x P100

Comment

• longrange223
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2023

How does the Alexander Arms group with bullets around 120 grain with the 9" twist?

Comment

• Old Bob
            Warrior
            • Oct 2019

Originally posted by longrange223 View Post
            how accurate is it?
            Pre COVID my barrel was shooting .6 MOA with now out-of-production Hornady 123gr AMAX ammo. Hornady 123gr SST ammo was around 1.2 MOA. I haven't been to a rifle range since March 2019 'cause of COVID & taking care of my Mom 24/7. She passed in January, & now that I have the time, I've been gold prospecting instead of going to the range. I'll get there eventually. I have a bunch of hand loads I need to see how they shoot. Hoping I can find a component combo that will get me back to the AMAX MOA.
            I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Comment

• longrange223
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2023

Found a deal on a new Satern cut-rifled barrel with matching bolt, Can't wait to get it put on and try it out...

Comment

Working...
                X