X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m796rider
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

6.5G SPR-type 18.25" upper for sale: AA bbl/bolt, RIS II handguard, and more

**SOLD**

I have a complete 18.25" SPR-type 6.5 Grendel upper receiver for sale.

Barrel/bolt started as the 20" button-rifled heavy profile stainless Alexander Arms barrel package. I had the barrel bead blasted at AA, then Adco Firearms cut the barrel to 18.25" and threaded it 5/8x24. This means you can use any of the widely available 5/8x24 muzzle devices out there and the gas system is rifle length. I sprayed the barrel flat black using Aervoe and mounted up a Daniel Defense .750" clamp-type low profile gas block. I will also send along the LaRue low profile gas block that I had pinned onto the barrel originally, but the pin job was a bit crooked (does not affect function) - this would work great if you wanted to use a longer handguard that covered the gas block.

The handguard is a brand new Daniel Defense RIS II rifle length freefloat in black. This is the black version of the handguard on the Block II SOPMOD M4s being used by SOCOM. It is like the Daniel Defense Lite Rail, except lower profile and the RIS II has a removable bottom that allows easy access to the barrel for whatever reason.

The bolt carrier is BCM with a properly staked gas key, upper is also BCM (but not marked as such). The muzzle device as shown is a Surefire MB68AR, which works with the FA68AR suppressor. It's a great brake just on its own as well.

The rifle is quite accurate with the Hornady 123gr Amax factory loads. Total round count is just under 100.

I'd like to get $1000 shipped for the upper with iron sights and Surefire brake, $860 without the irons, or $770 without the irons or the Surefire brake.

The Nightforce 1.375" Unimount is available as well for $185. The scope is not for sale.

USPS MO or discreet Paypal (+3%). Don't need anything in trade. Thanks for looking.

Here's the upper as I had it set up on a complete rifle:

Last edited by m796rider; 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM.

That's a great deal. Why are you selling? What a beautiful build you had.

Comment

• m796rider
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

The rifle is a great shooter, but I really like how compact my 16" Grendel is for shots out to 600 yards or so and I have a nice 6.5 Creedmoor custom bolt gun for the really long range stuff. If I didn't have those two other rifles in the safe I'd definitely keep THIS one...

Comment

I forgot you had a 16" too. I thought they were the same gun for some reason. Sell away!

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Yeah, a beautiful build like that definitely deserves s home. That was too sweet looking to break up! Whoever buys it needs to dupe it!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

IM sent with offer...

Comment

MO's sent 4/20

Comment

Got my upper today I bought from m796rider! A+ transaction all the way through!! Top notch...

Many Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                X