• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracker12
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Picture Size help

Can someone tell me how to get a pic small enough to post in the classified? Im using a Mac
    AR's make shooting fun again!
  • SShultz
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Use your phone and text a cropped screenshot of the picture to your email. Sending as a text usually makes them small enough for me on other sites that have similar restrictions.

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by tracker12 View Post
      Can someone tell me how to get a pic small enough to post in the classified? Im using a Mac
      The “Preview” app is your friend if you are using a Mac.

Preview is bundled with the Mac.

You should be able to open the image by simply double clicking the file name. (If it doesn’t, a setting or two may need adjusting — if you need help, post again and one of us Mac-O-Philes will gladly describe the process)

With the image displayed, use the “Tools” pull-down menu and select “Adjust size”. I normally set the larger of width or height and set the number of pixels. “600” usually gets it small enough for many uses.. Go smaller if the forum says it is still too large.

Please post you results and lessons learned so others can have an easier time.

shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• tracker12
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

So once I select the correct size how do I save it. I am on a Mac. I went thru the steps and hit ok but when I tried to post it still says its to big. I don’t think the size really changed. I am such a dummy.
        Last edited by tracker12; 03-15-2024, 06:46 PM.
        AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Check here for the max size: https://www.65grendel.com/forum/foru...-post-pictures

That may have changed with the new forum. software. HopefullyJohn or one of the mods can tell us the current max size.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

Regarding “Save” — it is best to work on a copy so you can keep the original. (use “Duplicate” in the “File” pull down menu.

Open the copy in Preview.

Adjust the size using “Tools” —> “AdjustSize”vvBe sure to check “Scale Proportionally”. Double check the size is what you want.

Use “File” —> “Save” to save the copy.

Close Preview and open the new file to comfirm the image looks OK. Use “Tools” —> “Ajust Size” to verify that the size really dod change.

Should now be ready to try posting!
            shootersnotes.com

-- Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X