X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesbaer45
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2015

Is 20 the unloved stepchild of barreldom?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Awfully quiet in here, 14/50 ain't getting it done gentlemen. That tax return won't spend itself you know.

Comment

• Bradpierson26
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bradpierson26 View Post
      PayPal of 205.00 sent
      Emailed order form

Comment

• brassbrite
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

How close are we to making this order?

Comment

• howl
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

We're about 35 more confirmed payments away, I would guess. It's kind of a Catch-22. People are reticent to pony up until they see if it will happen. It takes longer to happen because everyone doesn't go ahead and pay for their barrels.

Comment

• ahillock
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by howl View Post
            We're about 35 more confirmed payments away, I would guess. It's kind of a Catch-22. People are reticent to pony up until they see if it will happen. It takes longer to happen because everyone doesn't go ahead and pay for their barrels.
            Exactly right. If it was just said the barrels are being made on day X and will be shipping around day Y, first 50 gets this batch, it would sell out very quickly imo. Once the buys reach 30-35, it goes very fast from there.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
              Exactly right. If it was just said the barrels are being made on day X and will be shipping around day Y, first 50 gets this batch, it would sell out very quickly imo. Once the buys reach 30-35, it goes very fast from there.
              But figure up the bill for 50 barrels if it doesn't happen by the time it is due, that is a lot of change to eat. Fifty $200 barrels is $10,000.

I have thought of this too, it might work better for the buyers but it would a lot more stressful for the organizer.

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
                But figure up the bill for 50 barrels if it doesn't happen by the time it is due, that is a lot of change to eat. Fifty $200 barrels is $10,000.

I have thought of this too, it might work better for the buyers but it would a lot more stressful for the organizer.

Too bad a dealer won't jump in and buy 30!
                I'm sure a dealer price would be lower than our $195 though
                Last edited by Bradpierson26; 04-10-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Too bad a dealer won't jump in and buy 30!
                  I'm sure a dealer price would be lower than our $195 though
                  Dealer will get their markup though.

Joebob's has Faxon barrels (on order so real pricing may vary) for $246-$340.
                  Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 04-11-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2016

Dealer will get their markup though.

Joebob's has Faxon barrels (on order so real pricing may vary) for $246-$340.
                    I actually placed an order with Joe Bobs earlier today on a rifle gas tube and Adj gas block for this build. I'll reach out and float the idea

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                      Bloodstained
                      • Oct 2016

Sent an email to JoeBobs!

"To whom it may concern,

I placed an order today, xxxxx, for some products to build a 6.5 grendel. I know you guys do business with Faxon and have some barrels on order.
                      There's a 20" 6.5 Grendel Faxon group buy going on over at 6.5grendel.com

Gentlemen, Esteemed Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of the Horde, here is the official kick-off for our group buy of rifle-length 20" 6.5 Grendel barrels manufactured by Faxon Firearms. These are great hunting barrels. At 20" they give the best velocity one can get within a reasonable field length and with standard

We're having a real hard time getting momentum towards Fifty paid preorders to get Faxon into production.

As you can see on page 15, someone threw out your name as a dealer that may be interested in buying-in. These would not be a regular SKU and would be significantly cheaper than anything Ballistic Advantage will offer, if they ever get them in production period. These would be very competitive with companies like AA. This would allow some wiggle room on your markup so you
                      Can make money as well as provide some good will in the Grendel community and hopefully allow you to sell to a broader audience.

Even if you could sweet talk Faxon a little on behalf of the Grendel community, we would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll be sitting on these gas tubes and Adj gas blocks until 2019 when we can get 50 buyers haha.

Anyways, thanks for your competitive prices, selection, and speedy shipping.

Take care,
                      Brad

Sent from my iPhone"

Comment

• noobzor
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2016

I paid for my barrel so that I don't cave in and buy a barrel anytime soon - I have enough milsurps to clean up and learn to shoot already so this way I have a reason to not go browsing the used racks at the local stores...

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                          Bloodstained
                          • Oct 2016

Joseph from JoeBobs responded promptly and concisely but declined for business reasons

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Joseph from JoeBobs responded promptly and concisely but declined for business reasons
                            They are not going to want the group buy to compete with their regular Faxon barrels when they hit the market. I only mentioned them to demonstrate the pricing difference between a group buy and retail.

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                              Bloodstained
                              • Oct 2016

They are not going to want the group buy to compete with their regular Faxon barrels when they hit the market. I only mentioned them to demonstrate the pricing difference between a group buy and retail.
                              It wouldn't assuming they're not getting 20" Faxon 6.5g barrels already
                              15 of us get barrels, they get 35 to sell out of inventory. Anyone that was wishy washy on here and didn't pony up the money for one reason or another has the opportunity to pay a higher price for immediate shipping on the same barrel from JoeBobs.

I'm not excited about a multiple month/year wait for this barrel but the cost savings over what Ballistic Advantage has been quoting was worth it to me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be okay paying 30% more for a barrel to show up next week, I'm just not one of them.

It is what it is though
                              Last edited by Bradpierson26; 04-12-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2016

It wouldn't assuming they're not getting 20" Faxon 6.5g barrels already
                                15 of us get barrels, they get 35 to sell out of inventory. Anyone that was wishy washy on here and didn't pony up the money for one reason or another has the opportunity to pay a higher price for immediate shipping on the same barrel from JoeBobs.

I'm not excited about a multiple month/year wait for this barrel but the cost savings over what Ballistic Advantage has been quoting was worth it to me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be okay paying 30% more for a barrel to show up next week, I'm just not one of them.

It is what it is though
                                Not close to the same barrel but they do have a 20" listed:

I have been putting off the barrel hoping something starts gaining momentum somewhere, I am looking for an 18" though and that group buy is moving slower than the 20's. I am down to needing a barrel/FH and a stock...

Comment

Working...
                                X