X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 82HALO
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Ok, I've been sitting on the sidelines watching this, I would jump in for stainless! And can we get it in the 16" too?!!!

Comment

• howl
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

OK, I have mine in an envelope. I just gotta go get a stamp and put it in the mail box. Y'all come on and sign up so we can get our barrels!

Mine will go on an Aero upper with a carbon fiber handguard. The Maxim BCG looks like a good buy for this.

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

The check is in the mail!! Please let me know when you get it sir. Ken BANG BANG!!

Comment

• lesbaer45
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2015

No commitment issues here.

The check is in the mail.

BWAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAAHhhahahahah, aaaaah.

I don't care who you are, it's still a classic.

I currently have full time work again and managed to scrape up enough after forking over for the (hopefully) last tuition payment of the youngest.

I think I'll hold off buying any other parts until I either stumble across a sale or the barrel shows up this time.

Ok fence sitters, holidays are past, new year, time to pony up and let's get this done.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Well I have just about zero interest in S.S. barrels, just my $.02, seems like every single barrel offered nowadays is S.S. And I thought the whole point of this group buy was to offer something a little different... So Kinda sad to see this. I was specifically Interested in these group buys because they WERE 4150. Just Looking for a really rugged reliable tube not a bench rest rig. Not to be snide but if I wanted S.S. I'd just pick up one of the many very similar offerings available right now and not wait in this line. So at this point I think I'm going to have to bow out on these two 20's, I'll wait and see how this pans out. Glad I haven't paid yet!
            If it turns out they stay 4150 there's good chance I'll remain interested.

Also kinda curious if anyone knows about the barrel lengths vs ballistics for longer ranges say around 900+ yards/mtrs. Does anyone have ballistics data or can they recommend a good ballistics calc. For comparing 18" 20" 22" and 24" barrels and say a amax 123. I'd like to stick to 20" or shorter but since it's for longer ranges I may flex on that. I don't plan on Making this a dedicated long"er" range rifle but it would be fun to plink at longer ranges very accasionally (or all the time if shtf) FYI I'll hopefully be getting a .338 LM to fill that specific role semi soon. (tempted to sell my second PSL to expedite)I guess for me durability isn't something I'm willing to sacrifice for anything. (if any is lost at all) I only have one S.S. Barrel (BHW .223 wylde 18" heavy bbl. 1-8 xm855 62gr.) my Adams arms /voodoo 5.45 piston 16" 4150 CrMo gov't with 7n6 is probably twice as accurate and it's not even free floated. So that may be this sour taste leftover.
            4150 = used in m249 saw MG (among others). Is there ANY S.S. Used in ANY hard use rifle in the world or just primarily non full auto (light use) field rifles? I don't want a barrel I have to "baby" I mean I am going to baby it but I want to know I can abuse the piss out of it if need be.

Isn't it kinda imperative that these details are sorted out before the group buy is offered? Maybe do a poll before GB IPO to gauge interest?
            Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 01-04-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
              Well I have just about zero interest in S.S. barrels, just my $.02, seems like every single barrel offered nowadays is S.S. And I thought the whole point of this group buy was to offer something a little different... So Kinda sad to see this. I was specifically Interested in these group buys because they WERE 4150. Just Looking for a really rugged reliable tube not a bench rest rig. Not to be snide but if I wanted S.S. I'd just pick up one of the many very similar offerings available right now and not wait in this line. So at this point I think I'm going to have to bow out on these two 20's, I'll wait and see how this pans out. Glad I haven't paid yet!
              If it turns out they stay 4150 there's good chance I'll remain interested.
              What makes this different is that it costs 2/3 or less as the other similar offerings and has a SAAMI chamber. The options for a $200 Grendel barrel is not a very big list. Those with a SAAMI chamber are even less. And then refine your list to 20" barrels and I think this is about your only option.

But yeah, I don't really like things changing mid stroke either. IMO in this case it is probably for the better though. I have not put any money in on it yet either.
              Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 01-04-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• howl
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

I signed up for the weight, length and melonite. Those options are unobtainable elsewhere for the price. If most want to change to SS, that is cool with me as long as they mail checks so we can get the barrels!

Comment

• Slappy
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2014

^^^^^^^ What he/they said!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2016

What's the current head count?
                    Ballistic Advantage is dragging their feet and want close to $300 (plus bolt of course) whenever they come to market.
                    Where does this group buy stand on getting off the ground?
                    Is 4 paid still the number?

Comment

• GSPHunter
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by howl View Post
                      I signed up for the weight, length and melonite. Those options are unobtainable elsewhere for the price. If most want to change to SS, that is cool with me as long as they mail checks so we can get the barrels!
                      +1 on this....with a 1:8 twist and I'm in regardless of the choice of steel....melonited and stainless would be my very slight preference :-)

Comment

• bigdaddyflo
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

I am new to the forum but have read through this "group buy". I am interested in this barrel. What is the general consensus on the material of the barrel? It seems like 50 is not going to make for quite a while! How long will this stay "open"?

Comment

• lesbaer45
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2015

Yo BFT.

Nothing appears to have cleared yet. I presume it did arrive post holidays ?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

LB45, I would think. . . . Checking on it.
                            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• noobzor
                              Unwashed
                              • Sep 2016

Ok, now that the madness of the holidays is behind me and the follow up credit card gut punch has been dealt with I can start spending money again...

I am a bit hazy on the nitriding process and all that, but I am under the impression that it leaves the barrel colored black - which is what I am looking for. Would a switch to stainless change this?

Comment

• 82HALO
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2015

Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X