• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keystone
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

Handguards

[Let me know if this should be moved to a new thread elsewhere -- figured it is relevant for the group and will drive discussion even after the close of the GB]

Now that I'm in and the order is moving, I'm shopping handguards. A 12" barrel is a hard one to fit if you're looking for minimal gap between rail and suppressor (in my case, TBAC Ultra 7).

An 11.2" handguard would be great, but that's not common. Looks like Troy has a heavy one, JL Billet has a light one with an angled front that defeats the purpose for me, and that's about it. SLR has 11 (which is actually 10.9") or 11.5 (which is too long for suppressed use). Geissele, BCM, etc. don't seem have any intermediate lengths.

Anyone have any good options I should check out in the 11"-11.4" range?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

LaRue has either an 11.0 or a 10.0.

Midwest Industries has a 10.5.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

This is what I was trying to figure out with my first post here. So thanks for clarifying. I just talked to PSA again today and although I've waited about 5 days for a refund already it could be five more business days. Plus im waiting for a friend to make a last payment on a welder I sold him next weekend...I had hoped to get at least the refund by now but no luck. Seems the gods don't will it after all...and I agree with submitting the order ASAP and getting the ball rolling. And also thanks for increasing the order to 60 even though it seems I'll miss out at this point I commend you for trying to appease the masses. MAYBE I'll just have to settle for two 20's

So my next question is can we start a second group buy for another batch of 50 12 inchers? There seems to be enough interest.

Comment

• solid_assets
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2016

My first entry. I'll mail the check and paperwork in tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

• ScoutH57
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2016

Awesome Sauce.

That is all.

Comment

• Keystone
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2016

Gas port and threading

What size gas port is Faxon putting on these?

Are the specs for the threading consistent with these specs?

Thanks!

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

Gas port is .073

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

K, I gave Faxon a rough drawing to interpret, so you'd have to check with them on the muzzle threading details. I told them to use industry standard 5/8x24 threads.

One difference I note is the Thunder Beast drawing shows a thread length of 0.600 from muzzle to barrel shoulder, whereas my drawing specced 0.625 for the same. Diff of about one-half millimeter, so no big deal?
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• RANGER
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Put me down for two more.

IM me your PP address and I'll get you the funds.

Also, what was the "surprise" on the twist? Are we doing progressive twist on this?

You said something a few pages back about a surprise or something.

EDIT:

Money sent!

Also....still waiting on the "surprise"
                    Last edited by RANGER; 12-13-2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• RANGER
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                      K, I gave Faxon a rough drawing to interpret, so you'd have to check with them on the muzzle threading details. I told them to use industry standard 5/8x24 threads.

One difference I note is the Thunder Beast drawing shows a thread length of 0.600 from muzzle to barrel shoulder, whereas my drawing specced 0.625 for the same. Diff of about one-half millimeter, so no big deal?
                      I think what you seen and may be confused about is .625 (sometimes .623) is the industry standard for thread diameter. the length from muzzle to shoulder is .600

.625 would be too long IMO.

Maybe a machinist can step in and correct me.

However, it's not too late to change this.

Simply ask Faxon what they spec on their barrels.

EDIT:

Ok, just looked at three different suppressor companies as well as snipershide. Yes.....625 is TOO long. We need to make sure Faxon has the correct specs otherwise many of us are going to have to use shims and I'm not excited about that.

I'm sure a quick phone call to Faxon can clear this up.

BFT, plenty of places on the web to get the correct specs.
                      Last edited by RANGER; 12-13-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• jurassic
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Check the first post, the instructions have his PayPal info. That's how I paid.

Originally posted by RANGER View Post
                        Put me down for two more.

IM me your PP address and I'll get you the funds.

Also, what was the "surprise" on the twist? Are we doing progressive twist on this?

You said something a few pages back about a surprise or something.

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

5/8 = .625. That is the diameter from point of arrow to point of arrow in the picture is how I'm reading it and not the length. All those numbers on the top are the diameters of the barrel not the length of the section below it.

Comment

• RANGER
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                            5/8 = .625. That is the diameter from point of arrow to point of arrow in the picture is how I'm reading it and not the length. All those numbers on the top are the diameters of the barrel not the length of the section below it.
                            yeah, I opened the .jpg back up. We're fine. THe drawing shows the specs for thread diameter, not muzzle to shoulder depth (which should be .600)

Comment

• TheDroz66
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2013

I'm cutting it way too close here. Money order and order form are in the mail today.

Thanks BFT for putting this together!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Cutting it close is right! Boys, get those orders in by tomorrow's deadline.

Comment

Working...
                                X