X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Watch Precision Firearms and Odin Works. I got a PF bolt on a Black Thursday deal 10% off but top tier carrier and bolt. A Friend bought a Odin Works 6.5 Grendel BCG, very nice and about the best price. The Odin Works have been out of stock the last few times I checked. Joeboboutfitters list Odin 6.5 Grendel BCG for a good price but out of stock. I signed up for e-mail notification but nothing in stock yet. JSE Surplus had AA bolts in stock a few days ago.

Comment

• teammo
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      Watch Precision Firearms and Odin Works. I got a PF bolt on a Black Thursday deal 10% off but top tier carrier and bolt. A Friend bought a Odin Works 6.5 Grendel BCG, very nice and about the best price. The Odin Works have been out of stock the last few times I checked. Joeboboutfitters list Odin 6.5 Grendel BCG for a good price but out of stock. I signed up for e-mail notification but nothing in stock yet. JSE Surplus had AA bolts in stock a few days ago.

Does Odinworks make a normal BCG? The type 2 is all that I am finding. We need the original bolt with a .136 recess, correct?

Comment

• stellar
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by teammo View Post
        Does Odinworks make a normal BCG? The type 2 is all that I am finding. We need the original bolt with a .136 recess, correct?
        Odin Works 6.5 Grendel BCG will run Grendel ammo (meaning it should be .136)

I have one, just never bothered to measure it - and it works great.

From what I've read/interpreted, manufacturers incorrectly use 'Type 2' to say 'Not AK bolt' when talking about the bolt (not even going into chamber specs).

Comment

• tmilam
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2016

group buy

My first post--was redirected here from arf.com. Thank you guys for helping get this sbr barrel group buy over the hump. I'd like (1) barrel please and will send my check and form soon. I'm interested to hear what bolts you gentlemen suggest for a highly accurate 6.5G. Thank you

Todd

Comment

• tmilam
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2016

Form emailed and funds sent. Thank you again

Comment

• ahillock
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

This group buy had to be up to what, 300 buy-ins by now? Lol

Comment

• tmilam
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2016

BFT--am I GTG or did I miss out? If I'm good, please confirm receipt of my form and funds.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

TM, you're good to go.

We've got room for more, so keep 'em coming!
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• daggertt
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2016

so, am I missing something? We hit the 50 minimum, then we hit the 60 minimum, then we hit the December 14 deadline, now we're waiting to get to 80.... and it will take 8-12 weeks (or more) from the order's submission till we actually see the barrels?

Couldn't we submit now and then start another order? At this rate we'll be going to 100 anyway and not see the barrels until next summer. lol.

Comment

• irickchad
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by daggertt View Post
                      so, am I missing something? We hit the 50 minimum, then we hit the 60 minimum, then we hit the December 14 deadline, now we're waiting to get to 80.... and it will take 8-12 weeks (or more) from the order's submission till we actually see the barrels?

Couldn't we submit now and then start another order? At this rate we'll be going to 100 anyway and not see the barrels until next summer. lol.
                      As I understand it, He put in an order for 80 barrels. There will be a few "extras" left, and that's what the newcomers will be getting. He'll close it once he hits the 80.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Daggertt, yes, order was submitted on December 14, and as IRC noted, I ordered extras, just in case. All has been officially "in manufacturing" at Faxon since then.
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• daggertt
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2016

thanks for the clarification. I read all the posts since before the 14th or so and I couldn't tell how everything was actually playing out... I just saw the numbers getting bigger and bigger. lol

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                            Daggertt, yes, order was submitted on December 14, and as IRC noted, I ordered extras, just in case. All has been officially "in manufacturing" at Faxon since then.
                            Payment sent for two. And thanks for clarifying I was curious as well. This isn't your first rodeo is it? Thanks for taking care of us all omnipotent one. I have a feeling I'll be Singing your praises when I pull that happy switch. And you definitely have my admiration for ordering extras for us stragglers, you saved my bacon! Now to work on those two 20 incher's LETS GO!!

Hey I was also curious maybe I missed it, or maybe it was in the original 16" GB but do these have the hoard logo engraved on them like the eng. Drawing provided in this thread? I'm hoping so...
                            I'm sure it's too late, but if it is offered it would be cool to have it at muzzle end so it's visible and not under Barrel nut

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Yes, have the "Grendel Skull" logo as shown in the drawing.

Comment

• 4pocalypse
                                Unwashed
                                • May 2016

Has anyone estimated what velocity the Hornady factory load 123grain A-max will do in this barrel?

Comment

Working...
                                X