X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Chatted with Faxon at SHOT and I think barrels were in "plating." Am waiting for this week's update. Keep you guys posted as soon as I have latest.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BoxofRox
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2015

If anyone wants out let me know, I'll be on standby. BoxofRox873@gmail.com

Comment

• jdelong
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

Forgive my ignorance here...there was a question earlier about BCG compatibility. I ordered one of these: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Odin...cc-6.5-bcg.htm

I am hoping this will work. I did not realize there was a Type 1 vs. Type 2...

Thanks

Jon

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jdelong View Post
          Forgive my ignorance here...there was a question earlier about BCG compatibility. I ordered one of these: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Odin...cc-6.5-bcg.htm

I am hoping this will work. I did not realize there was a Type 1 vs. Type 2

Thanks

Jon
          The Odin Works BCG is GTG with your Faxon 12" barrel. A Friend of mine bought the same BCG for one of his 6.5 Grendel barrels. Very nice looking BCG I think you'll like it!

Comment

• jdelong
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

great, thanks!

Comment

• ScoutH57
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              The Odin Works BCG is GTG with your Faxon 12" barrel. A Friend of mine bought the same BCG for one of his 6.5 Grendel barrels. Very nice looking BCG I think you'll like it!
              Good to know, I already have one that came with my 18 inch Odin kit and I really like it.

God I need this barrel to get here

What handguards are ya'll using? The only gripe I have with it being a 12" instead of 12.5" is that all the handguard s I like are either 12" or longer or 2" shorter than I prefer. That .5" extra would have given me enough clearance for my suppressor mount. But oh well. It'll be okay.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

do we have any kind of time frame when these will be done?? i am just asking. i know i came late to this party but still anxious to get it.

Comment

• explorecaves
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                  do we have any kind of time frame when these will be done?? i am just asking. i know i came late to this party but still anxious to get it.
                  3 months from order placement.... should be sometime in March.

Comment

• irickchad
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2016

I went with a guntec slimline 12" and a strike industries king comp brake. Should be a nice combo @scout

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                      Check post #286 ... Patience my child and the giver will bestow upon you great rewards

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Guys, the latest update from Nathan at Faxon — as of five minutes ago — is that barrels are still at nitriding, so we're still "a few weeks away."
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• wganz
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2015

BFT is probably starting to feel like I did when the kids were smaller. Somebody was in the back seat steady kicking the back of my seat and asking every 5 seconds, "Are we at Granny's house yet?"

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Maybe...? but i think the trip to grannys house is worth it. I think most agree including BFT (just a hunch) I'm trying to help appease the chillin's. And ease the process. Might also keep in mind they get laser engraved after QPQ as well so be patient. Should be soon enough.

Comment

• explorecaves
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                              Maybe...? but i think the trip to grannys house is worth it. I think most agree including BFT (just a hunch) I'm trying to help appease the chillin's. And ease the process. Might also keep in mind they get laser engraved after QPQ as well so be patient. Should be soon enough.
                              Why would the laser marking be after QPQ treating? The laser will remove the treatment leaving the base metal exposed.....

Comment

• ahillock
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                                Guys, the latest update from Nathan at Faxon — as of five minutes ago — is that barrels are still at nitriding, so we're still "a few weeks away."
                                If I remember from the 16" group buy, it was about 3-4 weeks after QPQ that they started shipping. Can't remember if there was a delay too or not. So probably ship middle March if it goes all as planned? Any earlier would be icing on the cake?

Comment

Working...
                                X