• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
    Why would the laser marking be after QPQ treating? The laser will remove the treatment leaving the base metal exposed.....
    maybe I'm wrong, but if you laser etch than nitride you wouldn't even see it. There would just be a super faint mark left under the treatment. Plus with laser etching it can be done to where you dont even go through the coating depending on how thick the coating is. If I remember it's only about few ten thousandths of a inch though.

Someone please correct me if im wrong...

Thanks for info hillock. For now I'll take the ring leaders word. No offense

Comment

• Apparition
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Any recommendations of where to pick up a good bolt?

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Aa
        jp
        pf
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ahillock
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post

Go back and read the closed 16" Faxon group buy. You can see the timeline of how long things took between the different stages. I'm not making anything up, it is the facts of what took place.

Comment

• explorecaves
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
            maybe I'm wrong, but if you laser etch than nitride you wouldn't even see it. There would just be a super faint mark left under the treatment. Plus with laser etching it can be done to where you dont even go through the coating depending on how thick the coating is. If I remember it's only about few ten thousandths of a inch though.

Someone please correct me if im wrong...

The QPQ coating thickness is 0.0004" - 0.0008" (http://www.burlingtoneng.com/wear_resistance.html) Laser marking can not fire through the coating without damaging it. Assuming it is an industry standard laser marking system (CO2 or Argon, though could be Fiber or DPSS if they are newer) the QPQ will be burned off and the base metal will be essentially burned/discolored, it is not really engraving when it comes to steel. (My degree is in lasers/optics and work in a manufacturing environment.)

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Cool thanks for that explanation explores! I love expert input... I've done a tiny bit of laser engraving for a few weeks but it was for carbide end mill bits so not really comparable. The industrial lasers are a whole different critter but my buddy dave built most of the laser light show theater systems around the US and some abroad. I've been wanting to build a "high power" 6watt handheld for survival and emergency use while out in the gulf. Nothing beats a beacon that can be seen for 50+ miles and no the point isn't to blind the rescue crews... It would be pretty hard to miss even near them. Could be handy if your life depended on it. And i know i could go with a lower watt diode but then i couldn't use it for home/defense! Thinking about lining my walls with mirrors for that fun house effect. Chase them right out the front door from around the corners. Lol.

Great link! I'm kinda a nerd i love specs.

Hill I don't doubt you at ALL, i know you wouldn't say it for no reason. i was more just thinking that they might not be as busy now as opposed to back when the 16's went through. Or something have might have changed since then IDK. Either way i know I'm getting my barrels shortly (pun intended )
              Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 02-09-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• ScoutH57
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2016

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of the Horde: I am very pleased to announce our latest partnership with Lehigh Defense, who will be making a run of 6.5 Grendel bolts for us (quantity will depend on interest shown here). Many of you know Lehigh Defense from their brass bullets, particularly their 6.5mm 95gr Controlled

In case anyone hasn't noticed this group buy for bolts

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Word today from Nathan at Faxon: "Due back from nitride this week. Likely ready middle of next."
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• keystone183
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by bluntforcetrauma View Post
                    word today from nathan at faxon: "due back from nitride this week. Likely ready middle of next."
                    great day in the morning!

Comment

• Apparition
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ScoutH57 View Post
                      http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...Buy-55-S-amp-H

In case anyone hasn't noticed this group buy for bolts
                      Thanks

Comment

• madmike66
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2016

Received my AA bolt today, ordered Nov 23. Don't know if that means they are currently on a 2+ month delay or just got a big shipment in and have some in-stock.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                          Go back and read the closed 16" Faxon group buy. You can see the timeline of how long things took between the different stages. I'm not making anything up, it is the facts of what took place.
                          Good faith pays off yet again! Good news.
                          Sometimes things change for the better. Thanks for the update. Waiting patiently.. (can't wait

Comment

• teammo
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by madmike66 View Post
                            Received my AA bolt today, ordered Nov 23. Don't know if that means they are currently on a 2+ month delay or just got a big shipment in and have some in-stock.
                            I had some on order but cancelled when the Odin Works BCG's went back in stock at Joebob's. I wanted to make sure I had something when the barrels showed up.

Comment

• madmike66
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by teammo View Post
                              I had some on order but cancelled when the Odin Works BCG's went back in stock at Joebob's. I wanted to make sure I had something when the barrels showed up.
                              I was wondering what my status was going to be as well, if I'd finally get the barrel and have no bolt to pair it with, but right out of the blue I get a shipment e-mail and the next day, here it is. Great timing.

Comment

• BoxofRox
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2015

Just wanted to post again, I'll be glad to take anyone's spot. Let me know if you want out.

Comment

Working...
                                X