• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruw
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
    The gibbz I posted earlier is 11.38" and just a hair long.... plan for 11.2 or less if your can is larger than the ID of the hand guard if you are doing direct thread. Muzzle device attachment will add length.
    Perfect. Forogt that pic. Exactly what I needed. Thanks EC

Comment

• explorecaves
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

And it is assembled.... now if the weather will only cooperate.... Probably will move the scope mount back a couple notches....

Comment

• ScoutH57
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2016

Here's some chronograph results in case anyone wants an idea:

Wolf 100 Grain, 10 shot average: 2361.5 GPS

123 Grain Amax 27.8 gr 8208 XBR, 10 shot average: 2275.5
        This load averages 2420 FPS in my 18 inch Odin barrel.

Elevation: 300 ft
        90 degrees F

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by ScoutH57 View Post
          Here's some chronograph results in case anyone wants an idea:

Wolf 100 Grain, 10 shot average: 2361.5 GPS

123 Grain Amax 27.8 gr 8208 XBR, 10 shot average: 2275.5
          This load averages 2420 FPS in my 18 inch Odin barrel.

Elevation: 300 ft
          90 degrees F
          Thanks scout! Simply amazing.. it's so hard for me to believe being completely un-experienced with this cartridge. That's such a negligible drop considering. I just can't wait to finish and show off my new toys. Won't be as nice as most of yours, but will be my first completely custom. And looking forward to building from 80's. Just looked at jde's sweet two tome rig again and it has the same Anderson closed trigger lower that my 80's have. I really like them alot. Bought some testors enamels (want some one shot but it's pretty spendy) for color fill, and my quart of cerakote is probably 5+ years old now. But I have far less to buy than I did. Simply can't wait. This forum is SOO inspirational​!! Thanks everyone for sharing, it's fun learning, but it's really fun learning about cool tech. And hobbies.

Comment

• ScoutH57
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2016

No problem.

I should also add that I'm using an H3 buffer and it's been perfect suppressed and unsurpressed.

It's probably just a hair too heavy for the Wolf unsupressed but it still locks back on empty. If it was really dirty it might not be 100% reliable with the Wolf.

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Started a build thread for everyone to post up their builds http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l-build-thread

Comment

• FOGII
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2016

Any idea on a timeline for the rest of the barrels?

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Not as long as the last batch... maybe about 10 weeks as an educated guess. And welcome aboard mayte!

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

mine is built now. gas is adjusted. today i take it to the range to shoot some groups. i put a temp scope on. a 2x-12x ior. i will see what it can do today!!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Nice! Take some pics please. Those IOR's are nice. Can't wait to see some groups with those if you with glass.
                      Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 05-02-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Log
                        Unwashed
                        • Dec 2016

Were there two batches of the first 12" group buy? Some of y'all have received yours, but I haven't seen mine or the two bolts I ordered through the first bolt group buy.

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

Yes they screwed up part of the first order. So they had to re make them.

Comment

• FOGII
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2016

Log,

I'm in better shape, rec'd the bolts but barrels...

S/F, FOG

Comment

• jonny rotton
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2015

i got rained out yesterday. i will try again today. the sun in shining now.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2015

ok fellow grendelites. i finally got to shoot my new faxon 12" new upper. and the results are?????? very very good. i shot four groups. one sighter that i was able to get a close zero at 100 yards. i shot a 3 round group with random wolf steel case----3". then a four shot group with a very good lot of wolf steel case-2 5/16' with three shots into 3/4"
                                i like to shoot 4 shot groups and throw out worst shot to see what kind of potential i have. next was hornady 123 sst factory. 4 shots into 1 13/16" with 3 into 3/4'. last i shot hornady black, 4 shots into 2 3/16" with 3 into 1 3/8". overall i was very pleased. it definitely shows great potential. i can't wait to shoot more with time allows. i have already ordered a second barrel. i am glad i did. pictures??? i will try to figure it out. will post if i can.

Comment

Working...
                                X