X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RibSpreader
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2016

I got the e-mail as well, came here to get the horde's opinion on it. Been too busy to assemble yet but it was actually on my list for this evening and now.....this:

Comment

• stellar
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2016

Asking the cc'd if it can be visually inspected.

Comment

• madmike66
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by stellar View Post
        Looks like we are inb4theshitstorm.

I'll just be sitting over here.
        Looking into my mine with a light right now, I can def tell where the pin is, although it doesn't look like it is "protruding" per say. It has the look like the pin was installed to go through and then it was machined and polished flat. But I can def see a spot on the inside of the chamber where the pin is installed. Is that normal, or are the pins only supposed to go partially into the exterior surface of the barrel and not all the way through the to chamber?

Comment

• stellar
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by madmike66 View Post
          Looking into my mine with a light right now, I can def tell where the pin is, although it doesn't look like it is "protruding" per say. It has the look like the pin was installed to go through and then it was machined and polished flat. But I can def see a spot on the inside of the chamber where the pin is installed. Is that normal, or are the pins only supposed to go partially into the exterior surface of the barrel and not all the way through the to chamber?
          With no knowledge on barrel crafting, I am going to guess they used a pin depth for a 5.56 which has a slimmer case dia. Place yer bets

Comment

• stellar
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2016

With no knowledge on barrel crafting, I am going to guess they used a pin depth for a 5.56 which has a slimmer case dia. Place yer bets
            I mean, for all we know, they grabbed some 5.56 chambered barrels and reamed then out to 6.5grendel....but again, I know nothing.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

The way I see it faxon is making it right so let's keep the posts to informative helpful posts.

Comment

• madmike66
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2016

Shooting a light down it through the business end really highlights it. See the two pics below. Just looked down another AR for comparison, and it's perfectly smooth, doesn't look like I can see the pin at all.

Looks like she's coming apart and going back to the factory.
                Faxon alignment pin small.jpgfaxon pin small.jpg

Comment

• madmike66
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

For contrast, this is a POS .300 BLK barrel from Radical Arms. Only selected because it has a large chamber that photographs well on my phone, not to suggest it is better than Faxon or that Faxon is a POS. IMO they are doing great by notifying us directly to address the issue.

The chamber is smooth, you cannot see the pin whatsoever. Only provided to contrast the above images of the Faxon 12". No visible pin here.
                  Radical no pin.jpg

Comment

• keystone183
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

For contrast, this is a POS .300 BLK barrel from Radical Arms. Only selected because it has a large chamber that photographs well on my phone, not to suggest it is better than Faxon or that Faxon is a POS. IMO they are doing great by notifying us directly to address the issue.

The chamber is smooth, you cannot see the pin whatsoever. Only provided to contrast the above images of the Faxon 12". No visible pin here.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9185[/ATTACH]
                    Excellent visual MM! Thank you!

Comment

• m6z
                      Unwashed
                      • Mar 2016

Hey guys, anyone wanna buy my barrel? Might have a slight protrusion of the alignment pin. Lmao
                      Yeah, it's a disappointment for sure.

"Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are button-rifled and air-guage tested to ensure superior accuracy. All barrels are manufactured under Faxon Firearms ISO:9001 and AS:9100 (pending) quality certifications. They inspect each barrel over 15 times."

Lol. Guess they should of inspected these barrels 16 times..

Comment

• stellar
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by m6z View Post
                        Yeah, it's a disappointment for sure.

"Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are button-rifled and air-guage tested to ensure superior accuracy. All barrels are manufactured under Faxon Firearms ISO:9001 and AS:9100 (pending) quality certifications. They inspect each barrel over 15 times."

Lol. Guess they should of inspected these barrels 16 times..
                        The 16th time was after they already shipped.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2015

i am not disappointed. my barrel really shoots better than i expected. i am happy they are stepping up to handle problems.
                          MY QUESTION------IS THIS A SAFETY ISSUE???

Comment

• stellar
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                            i am not disappointed. my barrel really shoots better than i expected. i am happy they are stepping up to handle problems.
                            I'd assume so if the pin falls in the chamber, gets caught on gas port, catches the muzzle brake, etc.

Comment

• madmike66
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                              Over in the ARFCOM thread they just said it isn't a safety issue. But it is still a quality issue that never should have gone out. I'm sending mine back, already took it apart.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Is that normal, or are the pins only supposed to go partially into the exterior surface of the barrel and not all the way through the to chamber?
                                Correct, pins should only just dimple the exterior threads just under the extension.
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X