• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by m6z View Post
    Lol. Guess they should of inspected these barrels 16 times..
    Heh. Hey, it's my ass on the line here, but I gotta admit that was kinda funny!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Your ass isn't on the line. You picked a good company to do business with that is going to make things right.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
        MY QUESTION------IS THIS A SAFETY ISSUE???
        JR, yes, a safety issue. I know you'll get a shiny brand new one that shoots even better!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
          Your ass isn't on the line. You picked a good company to do business with that is going to make things right.
          Yeah, I didn't go to Cincinnati and machine 'em in my spare time, but you know what I mean.

Comment

• stellar
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2016

Has anyone confirmed if the second batch, that had to get pished back due to wrong rifling, has this same defect?

I don't even know if those have been cranked out yet...not keeping track.

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Is this recall on all barrels from the GB or just ones that appear to have the pin protruding?

There has also been mention of loose chambers and by my naked eye, a Hornady SST has about 0.030" - 0.040" of wobble in my GB barrel chamber....

I do not see a dimple or pin in my chamber....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Second batch not done; not affected by this.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

EC, that's gonna be a judgment call. Could be "loose" chamber. Could be ammo dimensions. The SAAMI 65G chamber up around the shoulder area allows 0.005" play, and around the case head above the extraction groove allows 0.008 play. A cartridge has to be smaller than the chamber — right? — so there's gonna be some play, but not much.

Your call.

Comment

• mat
                    Unwashed
                    • May 2017

@BluntForceTrauma - I'd be interested in picking one of these unaffected ones up if there's magically an extra

Comment

• ScoutH57
                      Bloodstained
                      • Oct 2016

Well I'm looking really hard at mine and I can see the pin protruding into the chamber.....I'm assuming it would look fairly obvious if it was too deep?

Comment

• explorecaves
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                        EC, that's gonna be a judgment call. Could be "loose" chamber. Could be ammo dimensions. The SAAMI 65G chamber up around the shoulder area allows 0.005" play, and around the case head above the extraction groove allows 0.008 play. A cartridge has to be smaller than the chamber — right? — so there's gonna be some play, but not much.

Your call.
                        I understand the nominal play in the chamber, but I think there is significantly more play than what is allowed in the spec. I have an email in to Faxon to see what they say and to make sure that are also checking that when they QC them. I bet they will want to check my barrel just to make sure since they are standing behind their product.

Side note: I wonder if I should stop getting involved in group buys here.... Been part of three so far and 2/3's of them have had recall issues now. LOL First was the Lilja barrel group buy with the incorrect reamer used.... what are the odds the bolt group buy will have issues since I got in on it too?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Hey, now, what's that song: "Two of three ain't bad!"

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2012

I can't see any issue with my chamber though it is assembled and brass looks fine so I think I am in the clear on this one which makes me think something bad will happen latter to even the score.....
                            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• RogueNathan
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                              I understand the nominal play in the chamber, but I think there is significantly more play than what is allowed in the spec. I have an email in to Faxon to see what they say and to make sure that are also checking that when they QC them. I bet they will want to check my barrel just to make sure since they are standing behind their product.

Side note: I wonder if I should stop getting involved in group buys here.... Been part of three so far and 2/3's of them have had recall issues now. LOL First was the Lilja barrel group buy with the incorrect reamer used.... what are the odds the bolt group buy will have issues since I got in on it too?
                              A pleasure to be of service. We ALWAYS stand behind our product!

We did check chambers for "loose" and found the chambers 100% in-specification for SAAMI. The loose is likely caused by the small deformation of the pin into the chamber not letting bullets go all the way in without the force of a BCG. Some barrels have less protrusion than others and many will have none.

It's why we are taking back any and all barrels that customers are willing to send back. It's not a safety issue, but it's not something we can stand to see in the field with Quality being one of our core foundations.

Our sincere thanks to all here who have already responded. Its awesome to work with good people and to have the opportunity to serve.
                              The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• stellar
                                Bloodstained
                                • Aug 2016

Faxon, is the fix going to be making all new barrels with the pin being more recessed so the chamber is 100% barrel material or ream out the chamber so the pin is flush?

My pin is visible but not potruding visibly so if the latter is the solution, I probably wont send it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X