X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subinoob
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2016

He is not sending out replies to our order emails.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

TS, sorry your earlier question must have been lost in the shuffle, but am happy to reply to individual inquiries: Yes, you're GTG.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jdelong
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

I am going to ask a really dumb question just so I have confirmation...I can use these bolts in ANY AR-15 carrier? I was reading somewhere about carrier wall thickness, etc which left my confused/concerned. I don't know that I would do this (I have two Odin Works BCG's for which these will serve as spares), but was looking for confirmation. Thanks!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Good question, but above my pay grade. I would have thought these are standard, interchangeable parts unless there was a manufacturing dimensional defect, but perhaps not a good assumption. I'll shoot an email to Lehigh.

I thought the AR10 world was a world with no standards, and that the AR15 world was relatively sane. Guys?
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• explorecaves
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Unless there is some coating in addition to surface treatments, it should be standardized and interchangeable....

Comment

• Apparition
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
              I thought the AR10 world was a world with no standards, and that the AR15 world was relatively sane. Guys?
              Never bought an AR15 bolt I didn't like, never paid any attention to them either.

Comment

• ahillock
                Warrior
                • Jan 2016

BFT, I ended up mailing my check in for two bolts on 2/16 but it still hasn't been cashed yet. Hope it got to you?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jdelong View Post
                  I am going to ask a really dumb question just so I have confirmation...I can use these bolts in ANY AR-15 carrier? I was reading somewhere about carrier wall thickness, etc which left my confused/concerned. I don't know that I would do this (I have two Odin Works BCG's for which these will serve as spares), but was looking for confirmation. Thanks!
                  AR15 carriers are interchangeable.

I have a Colt slick side chrome carrier made before 1963 that is totally compatible with every AR15 bolt I have.

The only problems I've ever seen are carriers that have tool marks inside the bolt bore, where they wear down the gas rings, but this is a manufacturing defect, not a compatibility issue.

Those just need polishing usually if you ever come across one. They shouldn't make it out of the manufacturer's location to customers, but it happens every now and then.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jdelong
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2017

Thanks all!

Comment

• CYB29
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2016

I dont know if I still have a reserved spot, if I don't I will just get on the nest gb for them.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Yes, CYB, I've been waiting for you. You have the very last reserved one.

Comment

• CYB29
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2016

Funds and info sent

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                            Just get one of these for $89.95 shipped: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=723
                            Late to the BCG discussion earlier in this thread... Been buying nitrided Toolcraft BCGs w/ C-158 bolts from here @ $80. Perfect machining. They have been outstanding performers at a pretty good price!

Last edited by AZHTfreak; 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM.
                            DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• 4pocalypse
                              Unwashed
                              • May 2016

Any updates as to when these will be shipped out?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

UPDATE: Just arrived!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X