X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RANGER
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

I think I may change out some or all of my bolts to the new design once it's ordered. I'm in for at least two....perhaps more.

Comment

• okiecat
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

I need a bolt too, Just purchased the group buy 20" barrel.

Comment

• Duster42
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2017

I'm in for 2 bolts.

Comment

• Chuyg7
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2018

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Price is $55 each plus $3.75 postage for quantities of 1-3, and postage for 4-6 is $4.25.

I should have these in stock in under two weeks.

When I have them, I will make a post in this section.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Londerko
              Warrior
              • Apr 2018

BFT,
              I know you said the enhanced bolts are a ways out.... but do you think they will be sub-$100?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Yes, enhanced bolts will be sub-$100. My intention is to price them the same as existing bolts — but that will completely depend on how much manufacturer charges me.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• Londerko
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2018

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    Yes, enhanced bolts will be sub-$100. My intention is to price them the same as existing bolts — but that will completely depend on how much manufacturer charges me.
                    Ok BFT spill it, I'm dieing over here let's have the details on this new bolt design your working.

Comment

• Swampfox
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

A5 I agree wanting to hear the details

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

These are an evolutionary step building on the work Bill Alexander has already done, as well as others such as Young Manufacturing and LMT. For example, it's an obvious move to thicken the ring on which the lugs sit. The extractor claw will also be thickened, and the lugs flanking the extractor channel will be better supported. So, it's all logical, evolutionary improvements — the main thing will be that I intend to sell these at the same forum members' price as the existing bolts.

You want DETAIL details? Heh, heh, heh. THAT will have to wait until we're actually in production.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                          These are an evolutionary step building on the work Bill Alexander has already done, as well as others such as Young Manufacturing and LMT. For example, it's an obvious move to thicken the ring on which the lugs sit. The extractor claw will also be thickened, and the lugs flanking the extractor channel will be better supported. So, it's all logical, evolutionary improvements — the main thing will be that I intend to sell these at the same forum members' price as the existing bolts.

You want DETAIL details? Heh, heh, heh. THAT will have to wait until we're actually in production.
                          Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dang you BFT, take my money now lmao.

Cool deal bro, can't wait to get a look at them and see the improvments.

Hmmmm thicker ring, thicker extractor.....very very intresting, he,he,he,he.

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Nice and strong bolts. We haven't opened My own Pandoras idea box fully yet....

I'll meet up with BFT to throw more ideas on the table. Pays to be a forum member for great prices. Nicely done Johnny!

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                              There have been Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel bolts with .136 bolt face depth and 2.80 bolt length sold with standard length firing pins and/or shorter firing pins ( .01 shorter length firing pin). Alexander Arms lengthed a 6.5 Grendel bolt to 2.81 to allow milspec length firing pins to be used. Typical .125 bolt face depth 5.56/223 bolt is 2.80 length but when AA used a .01 deeper bolt face depth they added .01 to the length of the bolt.

My suggestion is to measure your firing pins as Toolcraft and other bolt manufacturers have shipped 2.80 length bolts with milspec length firing pins. Minimum firing protrusion with a AR-15 is minimum .028 maximum .036 protrusion. Milspec firing pins measure 3.279 give or take normal tolerance. This can be an issue if you get tolerance stacking with 6.5 Grendel bolt and out of spec firing pin. Or can be an issue with a 2.800 length bolt with milspec length firing pin.

I read where Toolcraft has now started selling 2.810 length 6.5 Grendel bolts so it is wise to just measure to ensure your in spec.
                              so it looks like my firing pin is 3.277.5. So close enough to make it milspec and bolt is 2.808. So I think it's a newer Toolcraft that's like other Grendel bolts

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

U P D A T E : BOLTS ARE HERE AND ARE IN STOCK.

Will post up a bolt thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X