• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
    I may have to run a shorter handguard to display the logo.
    I'm mad at Aero Precision regarding the handguard situation.

I knew that when vendors say it's a 12" handguard they don't really mean it's a 12" handguard (measured from receiver face to very end of rail).

Knowing this, I went on a live chat thingie with Aero rep. "Is your Atlas 12 handguard exactly 12" inches measured from receiver face to very end of rail, in other words, the actual rail length?" "Yes, 12." "No, really, I mean is it ACTUALLY 12 inches? Can you please verify?" "Yes, I can verify it is 12."

I buy two. Months ago.

Now that barrels are here, I piece together a dry run. WTF? It is not 12". I measure. It is 12.63" — a Fake Dimension like all the other damn handguards out there!

Fortunately, it works. Once I put a flash hider on, the openings of the slots just clear the end of the rail so I won't blast my little fingies. But it's not what I was lead to expect.

I bought these months ago, and now I see Aero finally put up the actual dimensions of their Atlas handguards on their website.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

#%!$@&!

Write an email. To someone important. Get an email address that sounds like a bosses, and make friends. That way, in the future, you can get the information straight from the horses mouth instead of the other end.

Sorry this turned out this way for you BFT.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
        finally put up the actual dimensions of their Atlas handguards on their website.
        Which is why you went with a 12.7 length for this group buy. Smart guy.

This is a common compliant of mine. People just don't care about the details. "It's all good." NO, IT'S NOT ALL GOOD!
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Trueblue
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          Which is why you went with a 12.7 length for this group buy. Smart guy.

This is a common compliant of mine. People just don't care about the details. "It's all good." NO, IT'S NOT ALL GOOD!
          Must of been a smart guy that put this group buy together

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

I'll live. Love this design of handguard. Aero is a solid company. Will either use on this build or another. Not gonna hold whole company accountable for level-one customer service girl. But, yeah, highly annoying when you've done everything you possibly can to cover your bases.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• monty
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2017

Just got a tracking number from the post office, shows out for delivery! So others should be showing up today as well.

I almost bought a 12" Atlas handguard from Aero. Decided at the last minute to go with 9", kinda glad I did after hearing from BFT. Will get my new pistol finished up today. Unfortunately will not be able to shoot until Wednesday at the earliest.

Comment

• Drillboss
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

The postman just left mine on the porch. The good news is that the barrel extension won't slide into my BCM upper receiver, so this will be my first time to have to do the heating/cooling trick to get a really tight fit. The bad news is I can't just screw things together and see how it all looks and start taking pictures.

Comment

• dpete
                  Warrior
                  • May 2016

If Texas and Oklahoma got theirs today then hopefully I have a shot at mine too, being right nextdoor to BFT in WI.

Comment

• Drillboss
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by dpete View Post
                    If Texas and Oklahoma got theirs today then hopefully I have a shot at mine too, being right nextdoor to BFT in WI.
                    Unless they all went to Dallas for sorting.

Comment

• BCHunter
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2018

I went with the 9" atlas myself because it was on sale, and to keep weight down as much as possible.
                      What are the benefits of having the hand guard out by the muzzle? Versus the risk of hurting your finger with a hand guard that long?

Comment

• dpete
                        Warrior
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
                        Unless they all went to Dallas for sorting.
                        They must have! Its not here.

Comment

• Drillboss
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by dpete View Post
                          They must have! Its not here.
                          That's crazy. I would think you should have gotten yours yesterday. At least the post office is open Monday, even though the IRS is taking a holiday.

Comment

• Les
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2016

Now you've done it, got my hopes up for delivery today.
                            Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

KS got his today! Updated the build post. Finally have a happy pistol in the safe with it's big brother. Shooting tomorrow. Thanks again BFT, it looks really good.

There was a bit of cutting oil in it, brown like old motor oil, assume it's a mix of some kind with ATF for color and pump life. Port size looks good. Can't wait to see how it likes being suppressed. And how it likes the 129 SSTs, 120 SMKs, 120 Scenar-Ls, 100 Amax, 120 NBT, 129 ABLR... jeez. I need a hobby.

Pistol build by ., on Flickr
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Les
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2016

Looks good, that was quick already assembled? Wow. Mine came in todays mail, looks good......now I'll have to wait to see if the 12" handguard works with the can, not sure if the dimensions will work after the mock up (It'll be close) Thanks BFT for everything you've done.
                                Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

Working...
                                X