• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

CLOSED 65G MONSTER BOLT 2018B $55 +$3.50 sh

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of the Horde: Here is our latest group buy on 6.5 Grendel bolts.

By now you're familiar with Millennium Manufacturing's top-shelf, dedicated 6.5 Grendel bolts made to the same specifications as Alexander Arms' original 0.136" boltface-depth bolts and using 9310 steel treated with QPQ nitriding. For our forum group buys, MM laser imprints the Grendel "Monster" skull logo on the bolt. Very cool!

As always, membership has its privileges: We're offering members of the 6.5 Grendel forum Horde a deal on this top-quality bolt for $55, plus $3.50 flat-fee shipping, for a $58.50 total (shipping on 3-6 bolts is $3.75).

To order, just email me with 65G BOLT BUY 2018B in the subject line. In the body, include your SCREEN NAME and your SHIP-TO NAME AND ADDRESS. Payment is via PayPal at my email address, or if you want to mail a check, email me for my mailing address.

These are currently in production — due in about two weeks — and are not yet available as of this post, but I am taking pre-orders.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • Greyling
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2018

pardon my confusion, I think it's a classic case of a little knowledge imparts stupidity, but I know there are a couple of different firing pin lengths are are used with the grendel that I don't fully understand the reasoning for. (ex toolcraft uses a different length pin) Are these drop-into-any-existing-5.56-BCG-group and use that firing pin bolts, or would I need a special firing pin?

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

These are good to go with mil spec firing pin.
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Thanks, Ric, yes, these are designed to use standard 5.56 firing pins.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

BFT, I hoped you saved me two bolts from the previous group buy to ship when the 16" barrels get done. My fault I only sent enough for shipping the bolts with the barrel. Didn't take into affect there would be this much time between them both getting finished. Thanks, I hope we're good to go......

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

John, PayPal and email sent. Please just send bolt with the barrel whenever you get the two together. No hurry.

Thank you.

Comment

• J9mcgaha
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2018

Paypal and email sent for bolt and barrel. Thanks!

Comment

• Trueblue
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2018

I am new to all this, but interested in buying a barrel and bolt from the group buy.
                I see that AR Performance has a beefed up 750XD bolt for the 6.5 Grendel. is there a reason this is necessary for the Grendel, and is this group buy bolt beefed up in anyway to avoid sheering off a lug?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

That bolt is specific to his and only his extension. Bad idea. Nothing wrong with the GB bolt. Perfect choice for your GB barrel. Chamber and bolt are made from Bill Alexander's specs so no worries here. (Caveat: the change from SAAMI being the 5R vs 6R typical.) Chamber and throat are SAAMI dimensions, as is the bolt. 9310, QPQ treated. Good stuff. Grendel doesn't break Grendel bolts, Grendel breaks pretenders. This here is a real Grendel bolt.
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Trueblue
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2018

KS
                    Thanks, a big learning curve with all this when you are knew to it.
                    I came from longrange bolt rifles, shooting out to a mile.
                    Not embarrassed to admit, I know nothing about AR’s.
                    So, are you saying that their bolt does not work with any other barrelsor bolt carriers, except theirs?
                    So, buying from the group buy, this bolt will work with any barrel or bolt carrier?
                    Last edited by Trueblue; 04-02-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

My "Monster" bolts will work with any standard 5.56 AR carrier, yes.

This bolt has a boltface depth of 0.136 which is basically a standard for the 6.5 Grendel, as opposed to a boltface depth of 0.125, which is basically a standard for 7.62x39 bolts used in AR15s. It is beefed up relative to simply reaming out the boltface of a standard 5.56 bolt.

So your barrel MUST be chambered to headspace properly with a Grendel bolt with a boltface depth of 0.136 (some vendors want to use a 7.62x39 bolt with its 0.125 boltface depth in the Grendel so you have to be aware of this.) Your barrel vendor must tell you what bolt their barrel is specced for.

The AR Performance bolt is the right idea, but is not necessary under standard usage and it's a judgment call whether the proprietary nature is worth it.

The group buy bolts here are a damn good Grendel bolt for our member's price of $55.

Comment

• Trueblue
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2018

John,
                        Thanks for your response and patients in dealing with a knew guy.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

Blue: ARP makes good stuff. Declaration over. His specialty bolt uses his special barrel extension, which is the piece that threads onto the barrel allowing its use in the AR family of receiver. His design makes using his bolt in a standard AR-ie the group buy barrels- incorrect.

Either bolt will work as intended in a standard dimensioned carrier.

My first barrel was an ARP. My experience was good, but he is kind of “special” to deal with. As long as you accept everything he says as gospel, and never question or contend with his assertions, you’re fine.

If you’re going with the GB barrel, get the GB bolt and don’t look back. You won’t find a better bolt for these setups than this. Add the distortedly low cost, and it really is a no brainer.

KS.
                          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Trueblue
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2018

Count me in for 2 as per PM.
                            Sent payment for 3 bolts
                            Last edited by Trueblue; 04-10-2018, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• monty
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2017

Payment sent for one bolt. I have one of the 12.7" group buy barrels paid for as well. Just send them both together when you can. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X