• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MaxSpede View Post
    No problems cycling but mine shoots 8" groups at 100 yards with Wolf. Same rifle/barrel shoots (for me) 1-1/2" groups with 26 grains of Varget behind a 123gr ELD.
    I have an 18" MONSTER that I'm just breaking in right now. I hope it does better with Wolf than my Alexander Arms 16". That barrel shoots Hornady Black at around 1 MOA but can hardly keep Wolf inside 4" at 100 yards. Pulling the Wolf bullet and replacing it with a 107 SMK results in 1.5 inch groups.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• MaxSpede
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2019

That's my next experiment. I ordered some V-Max bullets and will build some Mexican Match to try. I won't weigh the powder so the only variable will be the bullet. I tried pulling a bullet from the steel case using my kinetic puller and it was easy.

Comment

• sharpshooter33
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2016

will your next batch have the 1:7.5" twist?

Comment

• MaxSpede
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2019

Pulled bullets from Wolf and just put 95 grain SST on top of existing powder charge. Works great with the Monster barrel.

Kind of a hassle to pull all the bullets from the Wolf and seat new ones because I had to deburr every case mouth and even then was left with a little "ding" on almost every case which peels off some copper jacket.

Soft steel cases did not damage deburring tool.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MaxSpede View Post
            Pulled bullets from Wolf and just put 95 grain SST on top of existing powder charge. Works great with the Monster barrel.

Kind of a hassle to pull all the bullets from the Wolf and seat new ones because I had to deburr every case mouth and even then was left with a little "ding" on almost every case which peels off some copper jacket.

Soft steel cases did not damage deburring tool.
            IIRC, the original idea to pull and push a new bullet was so as not to have to worry about losing expensive brass. Say for example you were hunting prairie dogs and might launch 500 rounds over 2 or 3 days. Or if in some type of competition and didn't want to search for your empties. I did it as a fun experiment. You're correct about the .262 hole shaving jacket off the .264 bullets. It's not a true 'pull/push' since cases need to be chamfered.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
            X