X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pitz
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2020

Ordered one from your site and paid by Paypal. looks good!

Comment

• Mustangfreek
      Warrior
      • Jan 2020

Pp and email sent early this morning for another bolt. Thanks

Comment

• Grendelshooter
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

So has anyone had one of these fail?

I only ask because Im looking to pick up some spares and have read bad things about nitriding bolts, but its hard to say what's true and what's not regarding these things in the gun community.
        I have a group buy bolt, and its running fine but I haven't been shooting a lot lately. I intend to change that soon lol.

I was going to buy a maxim bolt, but after a week and not hearing anything from them after I ordered I filed fraud charges against them with my CC company.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I recall reading of one bolt failure probably attributed to being way over gassed. I read where someone broke a bolt but then faced the receiver which squares up the bolt to the barrel extension then no further problems. Running hot ammo over SAAMI spec will shorten the life of a 6.5 Grendel bolt. The Monster Logo group buy bolts are manufactured by Millennium and IMHO are very good 6.5 Grendel bolts, especially for the price. I am using one with my 18 inch Faxon Monster barrel and just bought another to use with my 12 inch Green Mountain Group buy barrels. I also have a couple of spares.

There have been a couple of reports where the extractors need to be polished because the case rims were getting scuffed. This is a fairly common with a lot of 6.5 Grendel extractors regardless of the brand of the bolt.

Here is a link to the google custom search, you can try to search for any reports of Monster Bolt failures.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-14-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
            Warrior
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            I recall reading of one bolt failure probably attributed to being way over gassed. I read where someone broke a bolt but then faced the receiver which squares up the bolt to the barrel extension then no further problems. Running hot ammo over SAAMI spec will shorten the life of a 6.5 Grendel bolt. The Monster Logo group buy bolts are manufactured by Millennium and IMHO are very good 6.5 Grendel bolts, especially for the price. I am using one with my 18 inch Faxon Monster barrel and just bought another to use with my 12 inch Green Mountain Group buy barrels. I also have a couple of spares.

There have been a couple of reports where the extractors need to be polished because the case rims were getting scuffed. This is a fairly common with a lot of 6.5 Grendel extractors regardless of the brand of the bolt.

Here is a link to the google custom search, you can try to search for any reports of Monster Bolt failures.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=016368...d_0xcu1o&hl=en
            Oh I did search, and I found reports of some bolt breakages but never a group buy bolt.
            Honestly, reports of bolts breaking seem to have pretty much dried up since 2018.

Edit: What the hell, in for 2 more. Payment sent lol.
            Last edited by Grendelshooter; 03-14-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• mighty_mace
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2019

Email / Payment sent for one bolt please.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

U P D A T E : SOLD OUT, but more coming soon.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Grendelshooter
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2017

Comment

• Zjohnson611
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post

COST: $55 each, plus $4.00 postage.

TO ORDER: Please visit SixFiveArms.

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT that you match your bolt to your barrel. These are Mk136 bolts (also called Type 2) with a 0.136 boltface counterbore depth so they MUST be matched to a barrel that is headspaced for a Mk136, or Type 2, bolt. Verify with your barrel manufacturer.
                    I ordered a 12" barrel and 2 bolts 2 weeks ago great quality. But was wondering if anyone else has had issues running wolf steel case. Runs brass perfect but will not eject the wolf

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Zjohnson611 View Post
                      I ordered a 12" barrel and 2 bolts 2 weeks ago great quality. But was wondering if anyone else has had issues running wolf steel case. Runs brass perfect but will not eject the wolf
                      My 12 inch sixfivearms barrel I got from BFT last month already has 5, 194 rounds of wolf down the pipe. Not one malfunction.

Sounds like you might not be getting enough gas too run properly with the wolf steel cased. It is weak compared to brass cased factory ammo and handloads for sure.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Zjohnson611 View Post
                        My 12 inch sixfivearms barrel I got from BFT last month already has 5, 194 rounds of wolf down the pipe. Not one malfunction.

Sounds like you might not be getting enough gas too run properly with the wolf steel cased. It is weak compared to brass cased factory ammo and handloads for sure.

Comment

• Zjohnson611
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post

Thank you for your feedback I'm going to mess around with it I have an adjustable gas block that backed out all the way I'm going to play with it some more. Might just try one of my other gas blocks thanks again

Comment

• SeaVeyor
                            Unwashed
                            • Mar 2015

Email sent.
                            Thanks,
                            Dwayne

Comment

• SeaVeyor
                              Unwashed
                              • Mar 2015

Payment sent, thanks.

Edit: Received, thanks for the quick shipping.
                              Last edited by SeaVeyor; 06-01-2020, 10:20 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Disciple
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jul 2020

When will these be back in stock? I need a spare bolt and I wonder if I should wait for one of these or go with other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X