• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

CLOSED Howa Mag Release and Floor Plate Group Buy - DIPinc

This group buy is for two new DIPinc products.
    • Aluminum Mag Release Lever (Extended Magazine Catch)
    • Magazine Base Plate

Both of these are specific to the Howa mini-action. They are designed and made by DIPinc with input from the Horde. These are machined from Aluminum here in the states and are anodized in the USA as well.

The magazine catch changes the direction of the release mechanism. With the factory lever, you pull it back towards the mag/trigger guard. With the new release lever, you hook your finger under it and pull down, away from the stock. This is very low profile.

Besides the plastic "bottom metal", the mag release has got to be the biggest complaint about the Howa mini-action. DIPinc has came out with a solution for this as well. These are machined out of aluminum and anodized. They should be on the DIPinc web site shortly. Availability is for-casted to be in the next few

The magazine bases work with the "Flush" magazine mod (thanks to all the guys here who pioneered and documented that mod). That was one of the design features they incorporated into the base. They did not change any other dimensions so the base will work with the stock un-modified mags as well.

Here is how the group buy works.
    It will be like the trigger guard/mag well group buy for those that remember it. All DIPinc can offer is free first class shipping for individual parts. However if you order both parts DIPinc will toss members an additional 10% off. When you order you need to put in your forum user name (mine is Frontier Gear) and the forum name (6.5 Grendel Forum) in the comment box. When they are ready to ship, DIPinc will remove the shipping charge. You will need to select "First Class" for the shipping during check-out. Anything else will be charged as to what you picked for shipping.

I would like to thank Bob at DIPinc for taking a gamble on us and for making the much needed parts that help turn the Howa mini action from a good rifle to a great rifle.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor
  • drewsbow
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

done

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Dang I forgot you was putting this together for us and I went and ordered the parts this afternoon straight from dip.

Paycheck Friday what can I say lol.

Good on you for putting this in the works for the horde.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Bob and the gang over there are good people. Very glad this is going on. If it’s still open after Christmas shopping is done, and I’ve still got money, I’m all over this. FG, thanks much sir.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Procyon Lotor
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2018

I'm in, I've nearly lost my magazine 2x this season and I've not been out all that much. The bottom metal was a great improvement and this will make it even better!! Thanks

Comment

• jbmarshtx
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2017

In for both.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

These just showed up in the mail today. They look great and fit perfectly. They even worked with my modified (cut down) mag. The look and feel of the rifle is hardly recognizable now compared to when I first got it in the LSI configuration. Besides a suppressor, the only other mod this rile may get is a different three position safety if that is ever sold commercially.

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

I can't wait for mine to come in.

Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder if DIP can fab up a flush fit steel mag body, to go with the aluminum mag plate and bottom metal.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  I can't wait for mine to come in.

Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder if DIP can fab up a flush fit steel mag body, to go with the aluminum mag plate and bottom metal.
                  Probably. I kind of like the plastic feed lips though. They don't scratch up my brass like all the AR Grendel mags do.
                  Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
                    Probably. I kind of like the plastic feed lips though. They don't scratch up my brass like all the AR Grendel mags do.
                    My mag plate and release button came in just a bit ago, already got them installed. Frontier did yours add even more holding pressure? Man mine has a heck of a bite on the mag now.

I noticed when I put the new bottom metal on the other day it had more but now it is like double the pressure not a bad thing at all but just was wondering if yours felt any diffrent.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2017

Yes, I noticed that as well. Makes me wonder why they weren’t like this in the first place. I’d like to get another mini in 300blk when they come out in 2019. It will get these same upgrades.
                      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• splashy
                        Bloodstained
                        • Oct 2017

Ordered. Thanks to all those involved in this.

Comment

• ripcord
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2016

Just ordered my new mag release and metal mag bottom. Now for the wait.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2017

Just a heads up. This group buy will close at the end of the month (January).
                            Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2017

This group buy is now closed.
                              Admin, please change the thread title.
                              Thanks
                              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                              X