• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

CLOSED Monster 12 6.5 Grendel Barrel $133 + $12 = $145 Shipped

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed Masses of the Grendel Horde, our MONSTER 12 barrels HAVE ARRIVED and the time to order is NOW.

These feature the optimum length for a pistol or SBR in 6.5 Grendel. Hits the 12" sweet spot of handiness versus muzzle velocity in a tossing sea of 10.5, 11.5, and 12.5 barrel lengths. Perfect for hunting and home defense.

Our new and improved barrel profile starts out heavy at the chamber and tapers to a light profile at the muzzle, cleverly minimizing the overall weight of the barrel by keeping steel where it is most needed and shaving it where it isn't. And with most of the weight at the chamber end near the receiver, this barrel helps keep the balance of the weapon near its center, making it feel lighter than it is for improved handling.

Barrel steel is 4150 CMV, black nitrided, with an M4-style extension. Rifling twist is 1:8 with our custom 5R-EE (Easy-Engraving reduced profile rifling for minimized bullet distortion) rifling profile. Muzzle threads are 5/8x24 and gas block journal is 0.750". Weight
    1 lb 8.5 oz, or 1.53 lbs.

Chamber is SAAMI, headspaced for a Mk136 (also known as Type II) bolt with a 0.136" boltface depth.

Cool Grendel Skull logo at muzzle! Show your Grendel Horde pride!

Same quality as a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage for a killer members-only price! (I know this because it was I who brought Faxon into the Grendel world.)

TO ORDER, simply send me an EMAIL with the subject line MONSTER 12 and include your screen name, name, shipping address, and contact email. PAYMENT total of $145 can be via PAYPAL, or by check or money order. If ordering more than one barrel in same shipment, add $2 shipping per each.

If ordering a Monster barrel and Monster bolt TOGETHER, you SAVE the cost of postage for the bolt.

Get yourself a MONSTER! It's the biggest No-Brainer in the history of the Grendel!

NOTE: IF NOT BUILDING A PISTOL, THESE BUILD A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR). ALL NFA LAWS APPLY.
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • ericskennard
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2016

For all you Nay Sayers out there, here is a picture of my 12" Monster build from the last batch. Yes the 6.5x20 scope is overkill. I put it on to test the barrel thinking it would only shoot 1 MOA. Hahaha. I tested it at 50 yards because I figured this would be a short range hog hunter. Well the targets tell the tale. Each target was 5 shots. I will tell you the flyer on both were me. I put a horrible MilSpec trigger group in this one. The big hole in both is 4 shots. I used Hornady Black Box 123 factory ammo.

12 inch Grendel irfan.jpg
    12 inch Grendel target 2 ifran.jpg
    12 inch Grendel target 1 Ifran.jpg

Need I say more???
    Last edited by ericskennard; 04-23-2019, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• LongPoke
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2018

Are there accuracy guarantees? What accuracy with off-the-shelf ammo should be expected?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Accuracy expectation is the same as Faxon or Ballistic Advantage, but I do not offer a guarantee.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• TXCrow
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2019

Payment sent for bbl/bolt. Thanks Bud!

Comment

• richiecotite
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2019

Payment and email sent for barrel.

Comment

• LongPoke
              Unwashed
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
              Accuracy expectation is the same as Faxon or Ballistic Advantage, but I do not offer a guarantee.
              What is the accuracy expectation of a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage barrel?

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LongPoke View Post
                What is the accuracy expectation of a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage barrel?
                Well BA offers an accuracy guarantee and Faxon does not. But it's all so objective with so many variables it's really hard to offer a solid guarantee. That's why faxing doesn't I know. But you'll likely get a good shooter because those manufacturers tend to offer quality stuff for a good price.

Comment

• Bigriver11
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2019

Payment sent for bbl/bolt.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

i have several faxon 12" barrels from a group buy. everyone is capable of .5 moa. and none of those groups were with a high power scope. mostly just four power.

Comment

• Nal
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2018

How does the muzzle blast/concussion and general loudness on the 12" compare to a 16", 18", or 20"?

Comment

• mtnlvr
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

As the operator, I didn't notice the 12" being overly loud. But I have gotten comments by guys shooting next to me that it barks pretty good.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2017

payment and email sent

Comment

• ChrisPenn
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2018

What is the total for a barrel and bolt ?

Comment

• ChrisPenn
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2018

I looked it up myself payment sent for one barrel and bolt.

Comment

Working...
                              X