• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Walter View Post
    So we ship them all to you Cory, then you ship them in?
    It looks like that's how we'll have to play it. I've looked into shipping rates from fedex. It'll run almost $100 to and from H&M, with sufficient insurance. That's about $15 a barrel for shipping. Then $15-$20 to ship it back to you. This is assuming 15 barrels. That's about $20 for the nitride + $35 shipping + whatever it costs to ship your barrel to me. I'll get more exact figures if this happens in the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to see if I can't find a cheap pelican 1700 case to ship these in.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Adam Lilja
      Warrior
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
      It looks like that's how we'll have to play it. I've looked into shipping rates from fedex. It'll run almost $100 to and from H&M, with sufficient insurance. That's about $15 a barrel for shipping. Then $15-$20 to ship it back to you. This is assuming 15 barrels. That's about $20 for the nitride + $35 shipping + whatever it costs to ship your barrel to me. I'll get more exact figures if this happens in the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to see if I can't find a cheap pelican 1700 case to ship these in.
      If you're a good carpenter, go buy $40 bucks worth of wood and build a crate outta 2x6's.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

A forum member pointed out that I should link Drifter's barrel as not everyone knows what I'm referring to. I'll let them speak up and take credit for this great idea if they wish.

Thought I'd start a thread to see how everyone's Lilja builds end up. Here's the build list: Lilja 20" 740 1-9 Twist Crowned Rainier Ultramatch upper Troy Handguard SLR Rifleworks Gas Block Wilson Combat Gas tube (at tube is a tube, but hey, why not) JP bolt carrier Carbine buffer with rifle spring MagPul PRS

See post #43 for the barrel drifter had them nitride and his after range report.

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Adam Lilja View Post
          If you're a good carpenter, go buy $40 bucks worth of wood and build a crate outta 2x6's.
          Hopefully for $40-$60 more bucks I can use this as an excuse to buy another pelican case.

That and I'm not a good carpenter. HAHA

Comment

Working...
          X