X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

What ever is done, don't have PF ship the barrels. There shipping prices seem to be on the high end! I mean the cost to get a lower shipped from them was rediculous!
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Adam Lilja
      Warrior
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
      No, we talked about this early on. Doing the first group buy most didn't want the flat, and no one seemed to want it this time.

That's the problem with Ti, it doesn't allow for much deflection before yielding. Then when it yields, there isn't much margin before it breaks.
      Errr... There is a flat on all of them? No one ever mentioned you didn't want flats :S

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Adam Lilja View Post
        Errr... There is a flat on all of them? No one ever mentioned you didn't want flats :S
        I assumed they had flats, They will work good with clamp on or screw type gas blocks.

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

I don't care, I have clamp on SLR waiting for it.
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• heavy65
            Unwashed
            • May 2015

Is it too late to throw one more hat into the ring?

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Adam Lilja View Post
              Cool, Thanks Adam!

SLR is having a Father's Day sale starting at midnight (the code will be posted up on their site according to the email I just got). Since these barrels apparently do have a flat milled in--- I'm going to give up waiting on a clamp on Ti Sentry 7 and just order the Ti set screw version.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                Cool, Thanks Adam!

SLR is having a Father's Day sale starting at midnight (the code will be posted up on their site according to the email I just got). Since these barrels apparently do have a flat milled in--- I'm going to give up waiting on a clamp on Ti Sentry 7 and just order the Ti set screw version.
                Which one?
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• burkew23
                  Warrior
                  • May 2013

This beauty....

SLR Rifleworks, AR15, AK47, 9mm, Gas Blocks, Hand Guard, AR10, GLOCK, 9mm
                  Last edited by burkew23; 06-19-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

DAD10 @ SLR Rifleworks 6-19-15 - 6-21-15

10% off or till supplies last 350.00 free shipping

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Yep, Ti Sentry 7 set screw version ordered last night.

Trying to finagle an LE discount on a Whiskey Arms LBC (aluminum carrier) too. They have them on sale currently for $185.

Might be a good option for folks going full R3+ard on weight. I wouldn't recommend a Ti or Al bolt carrier for normal use though. It'll take tinkering to run right (adjustable gas, etc.), and probably won't live as long in a grendel build.LOL

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I wish you would hurry up and get that light weight build done. Ya' killin' me.
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Same here man!

Comment

• jim_bob
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2014

Is it time for final payments?

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by jim_bob View Post
                              Is it time for final payments?
                              I'm waiting for shipping costs from PF. As soon as I get that then yes.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cory
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2012

I've got shipping costs from Precision Firearms, which was surprisingly low. Thanks Mark!

I've contacted Spike's Tactical to insure the offer still stands. It has taken much longer to the place the order than expected and the order is much smaller, so I wouldn't blame them if they didn't stand by the deal. Either way I'll let you know their response and will be sending out a final order form with final cost shortly after I get their reply.

Oh I almsot forgot. I intend to ship everything within a small fedex one rate box from zip code 35756. The price is dependent upon distance but only varies by a couple of dollars. If you are getting a Spike's Receiver, I'll need to ship in a medium one rate.

I'll be collecting $15 per on shipping in the small boxes. That'll cover the shipping cost plus materials. If someone would like to do a radius map for me on the shipping cost, I'll do exact costs plus 10%. I'm sure there's a way to do that, but I don't know how.
                                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X