X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

K, respect your position, no prob. Some like stainless, some like melonited. Options. . . .

2S, yes, even more similar (since mine was more a hybrid 3R), except the land height will be industry standard 0.004 instead of my intended 0.003.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Fredman
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Koden,

Remember, this barrel sale helps the forum. A place of free information, knowledge, and friendship. I'm getting a little impatient myself, but to give back is a good feeling.

Comment

• din
        Warrior
        • Feb 2015

I'm still down. Stainless is nice, but I'm liking the QPQ for use with steel-cased ammo, and like Fredman said, supporting the forum is good medicine.

Comment

• 2_speed
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2011

I'm gonna stay in. I need a 16" setup with collapsible stock. We'll see how it goes. I will eventually get a polygonal or something like this 3R design.
          "We always meet our deadlines, no matter how long it takes!"
          Cheers!
          Tom

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I'm thinking of getting one just to keep in the safe--- for 5-10 yrs. from now after my current 16" is shot out. The poly rifleing seems to be fine, I have a BHW - poly in 5.56-16".

Shoots fine , the few times I had it at the range. It does add a bit of speed to the bullets, with less bearing surface drag upon them. Enough to notice.

How about all of US buy one for a backup bbl ? Park in the dark. Your gun safe.

Forum fundraiser, Hanka pays for this forum from his wallet.... nothing is free anymore.

Raven, put me down for 1. I'll check with my kid bro., he may want 1 also.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 03-19-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2015

I am truly disappointed in the change of specs as I was looking forward to something new to play with. I have spent the last several days contemplating my choices.

I had mentioned previously that I also had ordered another barrel. Yes, it was from Alexander Arms.....that was a month ago. Still as methodical as ever they are.

I WAS considering dropping one of the two that I had committed to. But after much thought and also the purpose of this being a fundraiser, I have decided to STAY with my order of 2. I had actually ordered a second for a friend that is a bit cash strapped at the moment without his knowledge. I am thinking now that he can have one if he wishes and I will simply build my wife one so we can both Grendalize deer this next season. She likes the Mini 30 so this should be perfect for her. AND I will still have a spare!!!

So, BFT, keep me in the loop for the TWO that I had already committed to. You have my sheet from last August in hand with a deposit for the first barrel. Just keep adding my cost and future deposit to that original order sheet if you would be so kind.

Thanks
              Last edited by BigStickSmoker; 03-19-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• 2_speed
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2011

I would prefer to hang tough for the 3R version, too. I like the idea a lot but if there is a reasonable chance of it happening, I'm on board. If it stalls too badly, I will be ok with the 5R.

Comment

• birddog
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2016

New to the site , I'm thinking about a 16" 6.5 G . So have the spec's changed ?? Not going to put out some money yet , but would in the future (have a 6.8 upper to finish ) . I will keep my eye on this thread .

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by birddog View Post
                    New to the site , I'm thinking about a 16" 6.5 G . So have the spec's changed ?? Not going to put out some money yet , but would in the future (have a 6.8 upper to finish ) . I will keep my eye on this thread .

Hey Birddog....see post #151 & 152 for an answer to your question.

The changes are not bad in anyway. I was just liking the thinking that BFT brought into the original proposition. STILL, in no way am I disappointed with what will be produced in my thinking.

Best Regards on the day

Comment

• Savageman25
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2014

Well I'm in this until the end whatever that may be. I'm wondering what the cut off is or is this just gonna be up until 50 is reached no matter the time. If that's the case I also would like the original design to be what is received. I'll stay either way but that's just my .02.

Comment

• jim_bob
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2014

What's the status of the group buy? BFT, do I need to send my form and money?

Comment

• 6.5 mm Shoot
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2016

I would go for one if I hadn't just built a 16". Maybe the next Group buy will be for a 20" 3R barrel. That I will buy.
                          May each day bring you at least one pleasure.

Comment

• Slappy
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2014

Is this still on and are you all getting a bolt also?? if no bolt what is suggested for the bolt? I will take 2!!! Have the form printed out waiting to hear Thanks

Also is it 3r or 5 r now. I really do not care 3r sounds good but what ever is decided, I just want a 16 inch barrel!!
                            Last edited by Slappy; 04-18-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Slappy
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2014

I talked to a friend and he wants one so now that is 3 (three) for me. Just let me know if this is still on and the 3r or 5r deal for the money to be sent. Will continue to pass the word along.

Another one for the BIL so that makes 4 (FOUR) for me

The check and form is in the mail 4/20/16
                              Last edited by Slappy; 04-20-2016, 12:55 PM. Reason: added another

Comment

• Savageman25
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                                I talked to a friend and he wants one so now that is 3 (three) for me. Just let me know if this is still on and the 3r or 5r deal for the money to be sent. Will continue to pass the word along.

Another one for the BIL so that makes 4 (FOUR) for me

The check and form is in the mail 4/20/16
                                Awesome. Need a few more like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X