X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

These are lookin' so cool! Wanna thank Nathan at Faxon and his team for a job well done.

Some photos below.
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Next steps:

Tonight, Tuesday: Ronald Reagan once said, "Trust, but verify." While we're sure Faxon did an exemplary job on these, tonight after work Sneaky and I are going to run a spot check of the chambering on some random samples to make sure everything is ready to ship.

Wednesday and Thursday: Barrels ship out. My dining room looks like a factory warehouse!
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2015

So very appreciative of your and Sneaky's diligence!

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

BFT should be here in a few minutes- I invited him over for dinner here. I'm stoked, it's been 14 months.

I'll try my 2 bolts, just to be sure they lock up as designed. I mentioned the- CHECK- before shipment. He reluctantly agreed, HA HAHA != No more liberty oopsies!!!!!!!!! Yuk !

We are to check seating depths too, on a bunch of semi common pills.

Cross your fingers- hee hee.

I'll be back here in an hour. Yahooo!

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Chambers are really really nice examples of Sammie units. All is well.

Bolts worked just fine. Enjoy gents, ladies ! He has a few specs, the one he forgot was bbl. wt.-- 1lb, 14.7 oz----- just under 2 lbs. Doesn't feel even that heavy.

There's no flex in this unit.

Excellent balance. The 5'8" threaded Seekinns brake I bought from L52 threads on perfectly.

I picked the longest throated unit- it works with my 2.31 Gmx loads. Its' the anomaly unit- glad I found it right away, there may be another. BFT will work with everyone- if a complaint arises.

The rest are very close to each other- SWEEEEEET ! Awesome Sammie units!

I'm thinking of a side charger upper, or an AA upper rec. Hmmmm....

2 Happy guys here.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 09-21-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Yumbo
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2016

Excellent! Now to get a suppressor and call it a day!

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                Chambers are really really nice examples of Sammie units. All is well.

Bolts worked just fine. Enjoy gents, ladies !
                Good call on the spot check, sneaky. Considering what this cartridge has been through, you can't be too careful. Thanks for your help. Great news!
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Thanks bd- I live near bft , so it's my duty to keep an eye on his ideas, etc. He's semi new to loading- so I keep him updated weekly. I'm his advisor, he told me. Heeeeeee!

The chambers are awesome., remember-- this is a hunting class bbl. Goal was to 300 yd. Good luck on 1000 yds with any bbl.. The True sniper can wring out anything. L52, got yo ears on?

As a side note--- when Bill A started production - not enough QC was done. Short chambers were around and about. 2004-09'..... AA has since put out perfect bbls. Bill has them made in house.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

The chamber specs are just fine ,,, nothing is perfect- these bbls are close as to.. Saamie is awesome . Again--- enjoy Grrrr gang!

No shorty chambers were found. I found the extended throat unit by chance.......
                    yes we have pics I'm running on empty for last 2 weeks.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

OK, guys, they're all boxed and labelled and ready to ship. Whew!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

BFT I'll take one of these 16" barrels if you have any left. I don't want you to be caught holding several of these barrels and out any additional expense.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

V, yes, no problem.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Thanks BFT I'll get payment in the mail today!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Got all group buy to date shipped this morning via USPS. Post office lady says they should arrive in "about" six days. Interpret that as you like.

Comment

• ccasanova
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2016

Put some rounds down range! I wanna know what they'll do with Hornady factory amax/SSTs. Can't wait to see all the builds with these.

How many do you have left to sell? Building my dad a Grendel for Christmas for deer/hogs under 200yd. One of these should do well.

Comment

Working...
                                X