• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob4432
    Warrior
    • May 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
    Thanks to Sneaky, got my Faxon 16 built into an upper.

Shot 10 rounds of 65G Wolf this past Sunday just before sundown to function test it. Works great! Next will take to range and accuracy test it.

A few photos attached.
    Looks good . Looking forward to seeing how she shoots. Out of curiosity what gas block are you running?

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Good to hear it functions well. I asked him if he wanted the BBL. EXT. meltdown,, I'm ready to do it.? He passed. Well over 50 ft. lbs. of torque on , the craziest bbl. nut- 4 parts- total,--

that I'd ever dealt with. Permatex 24300 on the build , Surface insensitive. We had to find a custom wrench to do this---3 hrs later, we improvised it,, my way.

It's a fine upper. Just need to add a few small rails , for bipod and stuff.....& maybe some more stuff,,,,

It was a fun day building this- And some ammo so he can group test it.

I love my Faxon tube. It's very accurate for a hunting class idea.

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

Nice looking upper BFT, all three of my builds were the easiest ever. They all seem to come together with zero problems and all work great. Again thanks for setting that up! Like the JP forend. BANG BANG!!
        Last edited by Slappy; 11-16-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Bob, gas block is Vltor clamp-on.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bob4432
            Warrior
            • May 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            Bob, gas block is Vltor clamp-on.
            Thanks, that is the one I am looking at.
            Last edited by bob4432; 11-17-2016, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• zer0t
              Bloodstained
              • May 2016

Is there still room to buy one?

Comment

• ahillock
                Warrior
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by zer0t View Post
                Is there still room to buy one?
                Group buy is over for this one as those that ordered have already received them. It was a one off group buy.

Comment

• zer0t
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2016

Always a day late and a dollar short. I appreciate the heads up.

Comment

• kmon
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by zer0t View Post
                    Always a day late and a dollar short. I appreciate the heads up.
                    There are other group buys going on for Faxon barrels, go to the group buy forum here and jump in on the length you want.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Got the last of my parts yesterday to finish my 16" Faxon build. I took it out for a trial run today and it ran great. Thanks BFT for letting me get in on this group buy. I opted to go with a lighter weight build and the rifle with two keymod rails, no magazine or scope weighed 6.4 pounds. Rifle shoots very smooth even with carbine buffer and spring. I went with a non adjustable gas block which seems to have ideal gas. The brass was landing in a little pile at 3-4 O'Clock.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

zero, - gotta keep up to speed ABAP.

Bob 44- the clamp on Vltor is an awesome block. Call in help to install it without scratching the bbl.. It needs 2 small scewdivers at bottom to open it up to install--== way undersized, not even close to .750.

4 hands on deck minimum. We got it centered perfectly- took a while....

BFT's shoots as well as mine- we can actually share ammo, great sign of a SAMMIE chamber.

I have 3 Grrr;s- BFt has 2. Uppers.

Comment

• zer0t
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                          Got the last of my parts yesterday to finish my 16" Faxon build. I took it out for a trial run today and it ran great. Thanks BFT for letting me get in on this group buy. I opted to go with a lighter weight build and the rifle with two keymod rails, no magazine or scope weighed 6.4 pounds. Rifle shoots very smooth even with carbine buffer and spring. I went with a non adjustable gas block which seems to have ideal gas. The brass was landing in a little pile at 3-4 O'Clock.

Beautiful looking, what handguard is that? What's the length?

Comment

• VASCAR2
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

The barrel is the Group buy 16" Faxon 1:8 twist 4150 CMV QPQ Treated barrel. Very nice barrel and I think it will be a good shooter. The hand guard is from Rousch Sports Keymod 10" V1 with 6 supplied Keymod rails for $58.99.

I have only had time to shoot 25 rounds but the rifle functioned 100% and is a very smooth shooter. I'm using a Black Rain non adjustable gas block midlength gas system with carbine buffer and spring in a DS Arms 6 position stock.

Here is a link to the hand guard.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-03-2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• wganz
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                              Group buy is over for this one as those that ordered have already received them. It was a one off group buy.
                              Since I'm new here, I'll ask the proverbial dumb question. "Will there be another group buy for 16" barrels?

Reason I'm asking is that I've already sent the USPMO for a 12.5" barrel and have a 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel\bolt combo on the way at the local gun shop. A 16" lighter weight upper would be nice to drop on an existing AR and I don't see one on Faxon's site.

Regards,

Comment

• VASCAR2
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

I think the 16" Faxon group buy barrels were the first batch of 6.5 Grendels released by Faxon. BFT is the person who is in charge of the Faxon group buys. Likely depends on the demand. There are currently group buys in progress for the 12", 18" and 20".

I already had a 16" chrome moley 6.5 Grendel with 1:9 twist. I really wanted to try a QPQ barrel with 1:8 twist and I couldn't resist the price of the Faxon barrel. So far I really like this barrel even if it doesn't offer a lot of difference in performance than my first 16" 6.5 Grendel. I think the Faxon 18" barrel will be great. If you use a thread protector your basically the same length as my 16" with A-2 flash hider with the benifit of an additional 50 FPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X