X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Hanka was just here for dinner,,, I meant to ask him of future group buys. I'll find out quick.

Vascar, yes the 18" is a great option to the 16".

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Just got feedback- a 16" Faxon G.Buy can start any time. Round 2. Let's do it.

Comment

• ahillock
        Warrior
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        Just got feedback- a 16" Faxon G.Buy can start any time. Round 2. Let's do it.
        Nice news. I assume you need 50 orders again? Same exact barrel and pricing?

Comment

• bob4432
          Warrior
          • May 2016

With Round 2 of a 16" barrel, I suggest going SS QPQ, 3R using the same or slightly modified barrel profile as the 16" 4150 CMV variant w/ modifications to the profile if necessary due to the different material. We know the 4150 CMV 16" from Faxon is a shooter, but by using SS the machining would be even more precise since the material change (Nathan @ Faxon's words, not mine). I know the $$ would be a bit higher due to the material, but as a testbed, I do not think duplicating a barrel until other variables in the 16" size are taken into account. I like Faxon as a company and would rather give them my $$ vs one of their competitors. What does the group think - 16" v2 = 16" 416R SS, 3R, QPQ?
          Last edited by bob4432; 12-06-2016, 12:22 AM. Reason: fixed error in original post re: rifling

Comment

• jwalker
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2016

Bad news for me, just gonna make the 18 and 20's drag out that much longer

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

bob44,, BFT mentioned a month ago- maybe going to 416R SS, maybe $ 10-20 more? 5R is a tic less expensive. I think 3 R adds 10-20 $ also. I like what I have, it's just fine.

I think the extra chamber - outer - extended length could be halved. That would save an oz., or 2 also. Profile is good and stiff otherwise.

j walker, Jimmie? You'll just have to order 1 of each to get a sumpin delivered to you,,, then sell the rest later. Heck, get BFT to group buy a 14.5" also, .

Or , as a side note I'll be selling my last years 16" upper build soon. If you're in a hurry.

Pm's only for now. I may have to get Bft to post a pic for me. Computer trubbs. Lot's going on for the Grrrr horde... Wait till after the new year.

Tronald Dump will show up then also. Hopefully his advisors keep him on a leash. Still better than the Witch
              Last edited by sneaky one; 12-05-2016, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• bob4432
                Warrior
                • May 2016

Thanks sneaky, must have missed the post from BFT re: prices for doing SS & 3R, will probably chsne my post a couple up from this back to 3R since it is available.
                Thanks

Comment

• wganz
                  Bloodstained
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                  Nice news. I assume you need 50 orders again? Same exact barrel and pricing?

Comment

• ahillock
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                    Lot's going on for the Grrrr horde... Wait till after the new year.
                    Something related to the forum or talking about something about to hit the consumer market?

I hope this 6.5 Grendel market just takes off. I am hearing more and more people talk about 6.5 Grendel that I never would have. Hear guys talking about it more than ever at the local gun shops and gun shows. Even on AR15.com forum, lots of new threads every week/day talking about 6.5 Grendel and asking for advice. I feel the tsunami just waiting to happen to have it explode even more onto the market is just waiting to happen. Exciting times ahead for us that really like 6.5 Grendel.
                    Last edited by ahillock; 12-06-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Some from me, some from a many other sources. Enjoy Xmas, new years, etc. It- may get delayed also. The goodies. Just teasin the Hoard. It's a comin.

Just need a few tweaks on the --- vista brass, Plus make it as a component for sale for all., from Feddy,, and some better prices on the Lap brass.

It's just ridiculous , that Bill A., can't reconcile with Lapua to get a 100 pack of brass for 50-$60.00 per 100 pack----- at the max!

It's 70% copper & meh,,, 30% zinc---------good grief, metal prices are so low now.

Maybe Hanka and I will whip up a small foundry,... hmmmmmm....

Low temp melting points, low pollution outputs, Al Gore would approve,,, hmmm

Running on empty again, sorry gang. 14 hour days suck. Exhausted

Eagle calling Raven, Talk to me Johhny
                      Many of us know the lower quality of the Hornady brass--- It won't last for 20 reloads.

Bill, A,,,,,,, it's Back on your shoulders now. Dude it's not good that Lapaua asks those prices. Let's fix this, ? What the deuce? Let past aingst go away ?

We'll ALL go back to re sizing AK brass. It's dirt cheap- even if for a 4-8 loadings..

Your'e our hero on the Grrr. It's your baby.
                      Last edited by sneaky one; 12-07-2016, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• firstshot
                        Unwashed
                        • Aug 2016

Hello All
                        Just got the new faxon barrel and bolt installed. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. AA e-lander mags were all backordered so bought an AR-Stoner 10 round mag. It's suppose to be delivered toady. Bought some factory Hdy 123 SST's and hope to get out and shoot it this weekend.

This is my first AR and I'm super pumped about it. I'll be using it for deer & hog hunting and some target shooting. A big thanks to BGF for putting this buy together.

Regards
                        firstshot

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by firstshot View Post
                          Hello All
                          Just got the new faxon barrel and bolt installed. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. AA e-lander mags were all backordered so bought an AR-Stoner 10 round mag. It's suppose to be delivered toady. Bought some factory Hdy 123 SST's and hope to get out and shoot it this weekend.

This is my first AR and I'm super pumped about it. I'll be using it for deer & hog hunting and some target shooting. A big thanks to BGF for putting this buy together.

Regards
                          firstshot
                          I hope you post pictures and range report on your new Faxon.

Comment

• Boondoggle
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2016

Got out today for an OCW test with 120gr Nosler BT. It was about 40 degrees with a shifting 15-20kt tail wind. For the four charge weights two were just under MOA and the other two were were about 1 3/4 MOA. The two larger groups had a higher SD and it showed vertically in the groups. The goofy thing was max velocity.

Running IMR 8208 XBR in Lapua brass with a Rem 7 1/2 small primer. The highest charge weight was 28.3 and average velocity was 2335fps. That seems low based on most of the info I've looked at even with the temp difference. Since it's just under the max in the Grendel guide going to try a few grains higher. Zero pressure signs so I feel good about bumping it up a bit.

The barrel only has about 50 rounds down it and it looks like it'll be a real shooter. Thanks again BFT for putting the buy together.

Comment

• jim_bob
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2014

Finally got an upper put together with the tube from this buy. Hope to have some group pics soon!

16_upper_3.jpg

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Lookin' good!
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X