• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

.224 predator/Grendel upper for sale

Guys and gals

I have a .224 predator/Grendel upper I built about a year ago up for sale. Shoots the eld-m into .5 moa out to 500yds, which is the furthest I tested it. Velocity was 3100ish IIRC, I will link my thread in this post as an edit. Specs are below. Thanks for looking.

20” 1-7.5 twist ARP Barrel. Medium light contour with .750 GB journal, rifle length gas.
    Less than 80 rounds on barrel. Threaded 5/8-24 muzzle.

Local machine shop adjustable gas block, works well, looks similar to a seekins.

Colt rifle length gas tube

AR stoner side charge upper w/ BCG and monster group buy .136” bolt.

15” lightweight keymod handguard from midsouth shooters supply.

Hornady .224 predator dies with Hornady shellholder

Includes $70 pcs fireformed brass and can include some .224 75grain ELD-M bullets at fair market price if desired.

Barrel has an oversized JP thread protector on it but I can make a knurled one to match barrel diameter at no extra cost.

Feel free to ask any questions.
    PM if you want me to text or email better pics of upper and I will send this afternoon. Scope, mount, and bipod adapter not included in sale.

$775 invested in upper, asking $675. PP F&F or Postal MO. Shipping is included in price.

Hey guys can’t find much reading on .22 Grendel so I decided to give it a go. Got a barrel from ARP, as they were the most reasonably priced for a test rig. My main goal is to get some data that I trust and maybe build one on a howa mini in the future. I’ll start off with 75 gr eld-m and go from there. Should be a fun round to

Thanks again for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ricsmall; 04-05-2019, 03:04 PM.
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

This thing has been to range three times and sat in safe since then. Condition is brand new. Price too high? Make a reasonable offer. Pic attached is ten shots at 500.
    Attached Files

Comment

• 4185linder
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2020

224 Grendel still up for sale.

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
      Hey guys can’t find much reading on .22 Grendel so I decided to give it a go. Got a barrel from ARP, as they were the most reasonably priced for a test rig. My main goal is to get some data that I trust and maybe build one on a howa mini in the future. I’ll start off with 75 gr eld-m and go from there. Should be a fun round to

Thanks again for looking.
      Hello, from Idaho. Looking for a flatter shooting round than my 6.5 but not quite the blowtorch like my 204 Ruger.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 4185linder View Post
        Hello, from Idaho. Looking for a flatter shooting round than my 6.5 but not quite the blowtorch like my 204 Ruger.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
          Warrior
          • Jun 2018

Dang, beaten to the punch

PM sent with some questions.
          Last edited by Huckleberry75; 08-18-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• ricsmall
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Tried replying to your PM but there appears to be a problem with my browser. I sold dies and all related parts. The upper I kept and used on another build. Sorry.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
              Warrior
              • Jun 2018

No worries. Thx sir

Comment

Working...
              X