• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

March 1-8x Shorty with Mount

Im selling my March 1-8x Shorty that was going on my AR Pistol but never made it there. This is a fantastic scope. There are very faint ring marks on the bottom and a small blemish near the illumination button which is in the pictures. The Nightforce NX8 is very popular at the moment and ive owned both so I will do a little pros and cons as they both excel in certain areas.

Both are 1-8x.
    Both are FFP.
    Both 17 ounces.
    Both 30mm tubes
    Both 24mm Objective Lens
    Both illuminated.

March PROS.
    March 56 mils of internal adjustment (windage and elevation) and NF NX8 has 30.
    March has .1 mil adjustments and NF has .2mil or .5MOA
    March has a fine cross hair reticle which is a pro to me as I didn't like the large 1.25MOA dot on the NF NX8 that covered the entire bullseye of my targets. *
    March uses a single ring that makes it easy to mount at the perfect eye relief.
    The illumination works but the NF is brighter.

Nightforce NX8 PROS.
    Illumination PERIOD. The illumination dial is a turret with on and off between brightness levels.
    The illumination is incredibly bright making it function similarly to a red dot on 1x.
    NX8 has built in throw lever. More companies should get on board with this and I don't know why they don't.
    *While the 1.25 MOA aiming dot is a con for me target shooting, its really really nice for hunting on 1x with the illumination on when im walking the woods.

Another difference is the NF has a capped windage turret where the March is exposed turret. Nf has 125m parallax and March has 100y.

PRICE is $1250 for optic AND mount shipped and insured CONUS SIGNATURE REQUIRED. Paypal Friends and Family or add 4%.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-14-2022, 04:05 PM. Reason: For sale
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

march7.jpgmarch8.jpgmarch9.jpgmarch10.jpg

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Price drop.

$1250 optic and mount
      Last edited by Bigs28; 02-13-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Closed. Decided to keep it and mounted it to my ar pistol.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Not sure how to change the title back to open but deciding to sell some of my stuff off since i haven't shot much since all the ammo price gouging. My ar still had hunting rounds in the magazine from last year's hunting season which tells me i haven't done any range shooting in the last year. Anyway this is for sale again. Will take $1250 shipped conus paypal ff.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

I changed your title to reflect the status.

Those are amazing compact 1-8x LPVOs.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Thank you.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

which of their three reticles does it have?

Comment

• Bigs28
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2016

Fmc-1

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

ok thank you. i am considering it.

Comment

• Bigs28
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2016

Sounds good. Im not in a rush but eventually i will list it on ar15.com but for now it's only listed here. If you live anywhere south of Orlando in Florida i can meet you to show it

Comment

• jonny rotton
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2015

i'm in nw montana. do you know the weight of the mount?

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

This is the mount I have.

We are thrilled to announce our new premium March scope rings, proudly made in the USA! A custom rifle and a premium scope deserve the highest quality scope rings made. These aircraft grade 7075-T6 Aluminum rings have the strength of steel at less than half the weight and are machined in matched pairs to ensure precision alignment right out of the box. March rings are meticulously made and anodized black, creating a finish that perfectly complements the finish of your March scope. Each scope ring had a special groove cut on the inside that basically created two "mini" rings in one. Therefore you end up with four points where the scope is held securely in the rings. Often, lapping is eliminated due to the extremely precise matched machining. The CNC machined logo on top of the rings ties the whole look together so you end up with a flawless optical package that will stand out from the crowd with its sharp appearance and impeccable performance. You chose a March scope because you want the best. Now, you should make the most of your investment with a top quality March scope ring. We've redefined the concept of a compact scope with our new 1-8 Shorty Tactical scope. Now, show your Shorty the respect it deserves with this lightweight yet rugged scope ring designed to perfectly complement the newest addition to your arsenal. All March accessories have a 1 year warranty.

They don't have the weight listed and i called and the salesman didn't have anymore info then what was on the website. I also don't have a scale that can measure in ounces. Im sorry

Comment

Working...
                          X