• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riflemann
    Unwashed
    • May 2022

WTB - 7.62x40 WT barrel

I am looking for a 7.62x40 WT barrel. It needs to be in good useable condition but not perfect. Maybe a 300 Hamr?
    Let me know what you have or any suggestions where I might get one. Thanks!
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Well dang! Wilson Combat doesn't even list the 7.62x40WT barrel on their website anymore. You might be SOL getting one now days. You might check EBAY or Gun Broker for one. You might be better off with the 300 Hamr anyway.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• lazyengineer
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2019

As an aside, never heard of the round before. It actually sounds like a really great round
      4x P100

Comment

• grendelnubi
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

I have a 300 HAMR barrel I would be willing to sale. It is a 16.25" Ranger profile. It has maybe 300 rounds thru it. I purchased in Nov 2021. I have too many toy's. Am currently looking to get into a bolt grendel so I and making a sale would really help. I also have reloading dies etc.... if you are interested.

I will send you a personal message.....

Comment

• Fess
          Warrior
          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
          As an aside, never heard of the round before. It actually sounds like a really great round
          Yes, it is an interesting round. There was a very long thread on Arfcom that covered its development. If I remember correctly, one of the goals was to be able to use the cheap pulled M80 (147 grain) bullets that were available at the time. It was also faster than the 300BO, so had an improved hunting range. The 300 HAM"R was optimized around slightly stubbier bullets, so the case is slightly longer and has less taper in order to gain some case capacity, as I recall.

Comment

• Fess
            Warrior
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by grendelnubi View Post
            I have too many toy's.
            Wash your mouth out with soap, Sir!

Comment

• grendelnubi
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

I know Fess, but I have plans to replace.......... I have to keep peace at home

Comment

• grendelnubi
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

I have several loads pushing 130 grain Speer FNHC over 2500 fps and a 110 V-max over 2600 fps using CFEBLK. My favorite powder however is Shooter World Blackout because it is so much cleaner than CFEBLK or AA1680. Also it is about 50 fps faster than 1680 but about 50 fps slower than CFEBLK.

Sent you a PM Rifleman.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Fess View Post
                  Yes, it is an interesting round. There was a very long thread on Arfcom that covered its development. If I remember correctly, one of the goals was to be able to use the cheap pulled M80 (147 grain) bullets that were available at the time. It was also faster than the 300BO, so had an improved hunting range. The 300 HAM"R was optimized around slightly stubbier bullets, so the case is slightly longer and has less taper in order to gain some case capacity, as I recall.
                  It also won't fit in a 5.56 chamber no matter how hard you try. I like that.
                  4x P100

Comment

• Fess
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                    It also won't fit in a 5.56 chamber no matter how hard you try. I like that.
                    I dunno, there are some very, very determined idiots out there.
                    I'm an engineer too, and I've ATTEMPTED to create some fool-proof systems. I have been surprised by the tenacity of some fools.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Never underestimate the power of stupid...!!!

We used to say nothing was sailor-proof... (when I was back in the Nav)
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Old Bob
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Fess View Post
                        I dunno, there are some very, very determined idiots out there.
                        I'm an engineer too, and I've ATTEMPTED to create some fool-proof systems. I have been surprised by the tenacity of some fools.
                        Modify your last sentence to..."tenacity and ingenuity"

Reminds me of a Stephen Hawking quote... "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."
                        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                          X