• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

WTS: Mega Ma-Ten Monolithic 6.5 Creedmoor upper + brass, dies, etc

Complete Mega Arms Ma-Ten Monolithic 6.5 Creedmoor upper assembly for sale. (Fits only Mega Arms Ma-Ten lower receiver.) Condition is used / very good.

Upper receiver & handguard: Mega Arms Gen-2 rifle-length quad monolithic
    Barrel: medium-profile 20" stainless NM 1:8" twist, 5/8x24 muzzle threads, target-gray finish (manufactured by Criterion Barrels Inc for Fulton Armory in DPMS pattern.) Round count is ~400.
    BCG: chrome bolt carrier with headspaced bolt from Fulton Armory
    Gas system: Armalite .875" gas block with Armalite AR-10 rifle-length gas tube
    Muzzle device: PWS PRC compensator
    Other: BCM Gunfighter Mod-4 7.62 charging handle

Also included (but not pictured) is the Mega barrel nut wrench with instructions, DPMS upper receiver block (the only block approved by the manufacturer for this upper), Hornady 2-die set, a Wilson case gage, 100 pieces of new Hornady brass, and 180 pieces of 2x-fired Hornady brass.

Note that CBI, like the company that it originally started from (Krieger), uses the AR-10 gas system length despite the barrel being LR-308 pattern. Though a standard AR-15 rifle-length gas tube might work, the AR-10 tube (3/8" longer) on this upper is the correct part.

Also, since the Mega Monolithic is designed to accept both AR-10 (Armalite) and LR-308 (DPMS) pattern barrels, the handguard length must accommodate the shorter gas system of the two styles. This explains the small gap between gas block and handguard shown on this upper, as the longer AR-10 gas system is used on this particular barrel.

Worth mentioning that this upper receiver was the best of its type. But due to another manufacturer being granted the patent for 1-piece monolithics, Mega had to make changes to avoid legal disputes. Thus, no more of this style of upper will be produced.

For existing Ma-Ten 308 owners, this package deal makes for an easy step into the 6.5 Creedmoor.

$1635 shipped & insured CONUS.

I accept USPS MO or discreet PayPal (buyer pays fees).

Not willing to separate or part out at this time, and not currently considering trades.

"I'll take it" trumps all other communications.

Thanks for looking...

Drifter
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Drifter

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

I so wish this was a complete rifle and you would like a 28" GSR Grendel in trade!

LOL!!!!

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

The "extras"...

Last edited by Drifter; 07-02-2013, 02:05 AM.
          Drifter

Comment

• lilharcher
            Warrior
            • Feb 2013

Great price Drifter. If I wasn't already building one, I'd be all over it. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

I wish I had the funds to take this off your hands. Great looking weapon, Drifter.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Drifter
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I don't recall this upper shooting anything poorly. I mostly shot 123gr A-max's because I have a good quantity of 'em.

Not its best, but the 3-shot group taped to this ammo box was an average representation of how this particular load performed at 100 yards:

Drifter

Comment

• Drifter
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

FINAL REDUCTION $1500 shipped CONUS. (No trades, and no offers below $1500 accepted.)

The first "I'll take it" gets it.

Thanks

* SOLD PENDING FUNDS *
                  Last edited by Drifter; 07-02-2013, 04:47 AM.
                  Drifter

Comment

Working...
                  X