What about a Warrior's get together-shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

What about a Warrior's get together-shoot?

I was thinking - what about trying a "Warrior's Grendel Shoot"? Sort of a warrior's (and chiefs too, even though they are chiefs! lol) get together, maybe some discussion, maybe some p-dog shooting (b/c there's a lot of them!).
    Especially if we could get, say, Howa and Federal ( the 90 AE's) to be sponsors!

Guys, would it be possible to get those 2 mfrs or maybe a couple others to sponsor? Maybe some prizes or discount on the 90 AE's for shooters? I know there's contacts on here who know or work for them... or other vendors???

Proposed rules of engagement:
    1. Must be this-forum warrior level or above as of June 1. Mostly to make sure we have some forum-known, Grendel experience people.
    2. Must have a howa grendel (if Howa wants to sponsor). May also bring a backup of any grendel model.
    3. Must shoot 90 Federal AE's (if Federal wants to sponsor). May also bring 1 back up round either commercial or hand load.
    ps, if there's other vendors IDK how or who but don't quite know if we could mandate their products. I picked these b/c they seem to be big in their slot and/or active on this forum... again, just a proposal.

4. Location tbd since I don't live in p-dag country, will need to find a good location, up in Wy or N Dakota, or?? ideas wanted. There might be a $ charge to shoot b/c of the venue, but this is not intended to make money for anyone per se.
    5. Probably a 1 or 2 day event.
    6. Date, somewhere in maybe Aug or Sept? during good p-dog time.
    7. May have to limit it to 10-20 total participants, just for logistics' sake....
    8. Could make this a possible annual outing if it's successful.

Travel and exp's on your own dime. Hopefully there will be a hotel or two close by the place so we can get together off the field.

Possibly we could get a couple of our experts to offer a couple 45 min-1 hr talks/Q&A on a grendel topic...?

Maybe a raffle or entrance $, bundle it into a 1st, 2d and 3d place winner.
    Might also have to design a tee-shirt!

Anyway just throwing out an idea so what does the horde think?

I'd be willing to run point on it, although I don't have all the details and would certainly be open to assistance.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Good idea!

But I don’t see the need to restrict the guns or ammo.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Randy99CL
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Great Idea!

Invite Faxon and Hornady to sponsor. What the majority of us shoot.

Central location, maybe North Texas? I think it's only $48 for out-of-staters to shoot hogs and coyotes in Texas.

Non-resident 5-Day Special Hunting

Type 157: $48

Legal for any period of 5 consecutive days (valid hunting dates will be printed on the license when issued). Valid to hunt:

exotic animals,
      all legal game birds (except turkeys),
      all nongame animals, squirrel, javelina and alligator (not valid for other game animals, NOT VALID FOR DEER).

Wow, even alligator!! LOL Hogs and coyotes are non-game animals.
      Last edited by Randy99CL; 05-05-2018, 09:38 PM.
      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

If u want to restrict it to Howa's only, I may be forced to sit on a hill 400 yards behind you with my 6mm Grrrrrrr.

No one's going to want to give up locations on public land (especially to a big group) but it seems like their are "guides" who basically act like brokers. There are ranchers who want to get rid of them and "guides" who will take you to them for a few hundred bucks.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

We don't need to limit it just to howa or federal, it was just a brainstorm-idea... esp if they would sponsor with some $$ thrown in or discounts...
          Faxon and Hornady are other good possibilities.
          I thought of prairie dogs b/c there are places on public land (BLM etc) or nominal fee spots with lots of them, and we could for example...
          #p-dogs per 50 rounds, with a multiplier for distance... high score "wins". Or something.

Then again it's kinda not-central (WY/Dakotas) for dog hunting I've read about... (I'm in Va).

Hog hunt works too. Save the planet scratch one porker at a time!!!

Somewhere central would be better for everyone travel-wise.

It should be grendels, o well 6.5 or 6, ok Hendgie!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

KS is about as central as it comes... Id bet there are a couple clubs I could speak with. Possibilities!
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
              KS is about as central as it comes... Id bet there are a couple clubs I could speak with. Possibilities!
              P-dogs and hogs have their own clubs in Kansas?!?
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                P-dogs and hogs have their own clubs in Kansas?!?
                Are there any alligators in Kansas?

Now that I know they're legal in Texas I'm kindof wanting to hang one on the wall...

Comment

• IescapedCali
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                  If u want to restrict it to Howa's only, I may be forced to sit on a hill 400 yards behind you with my 6mm Grrrrrrr..

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

I'm going to set up a poll with about 4 options, I can currently think of 3.
                    Any other ideas? should offer Oh IDK, 100-300 or so yds ('course p-dogs probly further out).

1. P-dogs in WY/Dakotas
                    2. Kansas for (targets, p-dogs, coyotes, whatever)
                    3. TX hog hunt.

One more??

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Ksw, or other Jay-hawkers...
                      What types of target-shooting venues are there in Kansas, going out to 300 or (better) 600 yds?

Comment

• Popeye212
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2018

[QUOTE=Randy99CL;193792]Are there any alligators in Kansas?

Now that I know they're legal in Texas I'm kindof wanting to hang one on the wall...[/QUOTE

Texas Gator Hunting Season Dates. Alligator Season always starts on September 10th here in Texas and ends on September 30th. Permits issued by area waterfront landowners are required for harvesting Alligators during this season.

Comment

• kpswihart
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Sounds like a great idea.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                            Texas Gator Hunting Season Dates. Alligator Season always starts on September 10th here in Texas and ends on September 30th. Permits issued by area waterfront landowners are required for harvesting Alligators during this season.
                            Thanks for the info! I was kidding, though, I am not really wanting to shoot any gators.
                            I was making a joke after it was suggested we meet in Kansas.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

There are several ranges within two hours one way of me that are 100-?? Targets. PRS style clubs. We’d have to pay something for the shooting, and I’m sure they’d want in. Fine by me, but the sponsors will be there for the board. I’ll start contacting some and see what pans out. It’d probably need to be a closed group event, with an organizer. Someone to liase between the board leadership and the location sponsors. I’m betting we couldn’t do anything before next year here in KS. The ranges are booked with PRS club shoots for the foreseeable future...
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                              X