Lady killed in Texas by a sounder of hogs going in her house yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Lady killed in Texas by a sounder of hogs going in her house yesterday...

This was on my local news only radio station in Atlanta this am.

C
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

It's on foxnews.com to

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I don't know something don't sound right about this.

Y'all sure this ain't fake news.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

The information being reported doesn't sit right with me. It very well may be 100% accurate, but I sort of doubt it. Feral hogs typically do not just attack people. I saw pics of the house where the incident happened and the distance from where she apparently parked and to the door wasn't far. I can't imagine that she drove up and failed to see a sounder of hogs in the yard or that the hogs remained in place when she drove up that close. Reports I have seen said that she had a severe head wound and that she bled out from animal bites, that the ME described as "exsanguination from feral hog assault."

There are no reported witnesses to the event so that the determination would be due to forensics. I am very curious as to what the evidence is that tied the assault to a hog or hogs. That would be exceptionally fast work for a saliva analysis. I would be hugely surprised if the Chambers County ME is familiar with the bite pattern of hogs versus the bite pattern of other types of animals. Looking at the few photos available online, I don't see any direct evidence of hogs such as rooting or scat. There could be footprints, of course, that would not show up in the images.

If it was hogs, did they attack her and bring her down, or did she fall and hit her head and later some hogs found her and tried eating her?

Another place I read where there are only 4 know feral hog-caused deaths in the US. So this would be exceptionally unusual. Generally, the only people ever harmed by feral hogs are people trying to harm or handle feral hogs and get harmed when going hands-on, such as with trappers or hog doggers.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
          The information being reported doesn't sit right with me. It very well may be 100% accurate, but I sort of doubt it. Feral hogs typically do not just attack people. I saw pics of the house where the incident happened and the distance from where she apparently parked and to the door wasn't far. I can't imagine that she drove up and failed to see a sounder of hogs in the yard or that the hogs remained in place when she drove up that close. Reports I have seen said that she had a severe head wound and that she bled out from animal bites, that the ME described as "exsanguination from feral hog assault."

There are no reported witnesses to the event so that the determination would be due to forensics. I am very curious as to what the evidence is that tied the assault to a hog or hogs. That would be exceptionally fast work for a saliva analysis. I would be hugely surprised if the Chambers County ME is familiar with the bite pattern of hogs versus the bite pattern of other types of animals. Looking at the few photos available online, I don't see any direct evidence of hogs such as rooting or scat. There could be footprints, of course, that would not show up in the images.

If it was hogs, did they attack her and bring her down, or did she fall and hit her head and later some hogs found her and tried eating her?

Another place I read where there are only 4 know feral hog-caused deaths in the US. So this would be exceptionally unusual. Generally, the only people ever harmed by feral hogs are people trying to harm or handle feral hogs and get harmed when going hands-on, such as with trappers or hog doggers.
          I'm with you it don't add up to me. Hogs in general run like their back side is one fire if they see a person are a vehicle drives up on them.

Could be she had a accident and the smell of blood drew them in and they then started to feed on her corpse.

We may never really know. But I just don't see her driving up and getting out her car with a sounder between her car and her front door.

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

It’s all over Atlanta radio.

We had 12 murders in the Atlanta SMSA yesterday, not a word on the radio.

I agree , something is not right.

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

So the old saying “ he went to ____ and the hogs ate him” could be true?

Sorry for the misplaced humor. Couldn’t help it.
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• therealtrikky
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2019

I did find a "local" person to this that commented on a new link on FB that said people around there really questioned wild/aggressive dogs being the primary reason for her death.

If she was down with a brain bleed & dogs were done, hogs could have come up for "a meal". I'm with y'all, just don't buy it myself, too many inconsistencies with how they typically behave.

Comment

• Old Bob
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2019

I have a friend who hunts hogs year-round in the area around Devine, TX. He told me the same thing other posters in this thread have said; he's highly skeptical things happened the way the news reports have postulated. He's been hunting the porkers for as long as I've known him - about 15 years. He knows them almost intimately. He told me when he first saw news reports about this incident, he smelled something fishy about it. He & his wife, while checking feeders, have been in the middle of sounders & never once felt threatened. Like A5 said, they "run like their back side is on fire."
                  I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Popeye212
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2018

I would tend to believe the hogs were after the fact. They are not picky about what they eat.

Comment

Working...
                    X