Can anyone get to the palmettostatearmory web page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

Can anyone get to the palmettostatearmory web page?

when i try to go to psa https://palmettostatearmory.com
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Rosecrans1
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I think PSA is having some MAJOR issues keeping up with the demand while using a smaller work force. This may have been an issue with their website. For s#*ts and giggles, Google "Palmetto State Armory, Better Business Bureau" and get ready for a LONG, LONG read. They are really having some Covid19 issues with their customer service and automated ordering software. Wow. I almost feel bad for them..........but............then I look at how high $$$$ they jacked their uppers and some components to and I can't feel that bad for them. They treated me well and I bought some good quality items from them but that was then. THIS is NOW.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I just checked PSA web site and it is working for me.

Comment

• Wethepeople
          Warrior
          • Jan 2020

No problems here either. tdbru, did you try clearing your cookies and browser cache? That often solves issues I've had with some websites.

Comment

• tdbru
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

thanks, i'll try clearing cookies and browser cache.
            -tdbru

Comment

• Sputnik
              Warrior
              • May 2013

I have had to use Chrome at times

Comment

• bruceleroy
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Rosecrans1 View Post
                I think PSA is having some MAJOR issues keeping up with the demand while using a smaller work force. This may have been an issue with their website. For s#*ts and giggles, Google "Palmetto State Armory, Better Business Bureau" and get ready for a LONG, LONG read. They are really having some Covid19 issues with their customer service and automated ordering software. Wow. I almost feel bad for them..........but............then I look at how high $$$$ they jacked their uppers and some components to and I can't feel that bad for them. They treated me well and I bought some good quality items from them but that was then. THIS is NOW.
                Jacked up what prices? Examples please. They have been one of the most consistent. Even if companies do, the best economic models suggest this to be a best practice. People just get butt hurt (may not be you in particular) because they get the feels about cheap stuff.
                I ordered an upper, my Grendel to be exact, during the height of the rush and I had it in 7 days. The BBB only survives for Karen's to call and whine to anyways. Literally nobody gives 2 craps about the BBB.

Comment

• Jimla
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by bruceleroy View Post
                  Jacked up what prices? Examples please. They have been one of the most consistent. Even if companies do, the best economic models suggest this to be a best practice. People just get butt hurt (may not be you in particular) because they get the feels about cheap stuff.
                  I ordered an upper, my Grendel to be exact, during the height of the rush and I had it in 7 days. The BBB only survives for Karen's to call and whine to anyways. Literally nobody gives 2 craps about the BBB.
                  I get their advertisements, had some in my mail folder, I check one item 82% increase from last year.
                  CCI 9mm 115gr FMJ 1,000
                  4/12/19 169.99
                  Today $309.99

Comment

• Cereal Thriller
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2019

depends on the items you look at I have noticed a jump in some of their inventory prices.

I know the price can't remain forever or drop low but pretty much their weekly paper ad 2 weeks ago is the exact same thing as their memorial weekend sale as well.

Still look at their emails ever so often even though I haven't bought anything from them in a year or 2.

Comment

• FRB6.5
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
                      when i try to go to psa https://palmettostatearmory.com
                      That is a Cloudflare web application firewall block message. Their server didn't like traffic you sent to it or the more common cause too many requests coming from the same IP such as from a VPN.

Comment

• tdbru
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2019

FRB6.5,
                        you were right. i was trying to reach the site through my VPN. when i turned that off the site came up.

re: ammo prices. in my experience, ammo prices most definitely follow the supply and demand model. i have seen prices go up and down a lot. when distributors are sitting on too much inventory and demand is modest, prices go down. and like now, when everyone is stocking up prices go up. this is common with most commodities. look at the price of gasoline. it's down 50% in some areas (not mine unfortunately). anyway, with C19 and a national election coming up, i am expecting the price of all guns and ammo to go through the roof as demand out strips supply. and the more the biased press does their biased surveys and declare Biden is ahead, the higher the demand will go.

this is one of the reasons that forced Remington to go through chapter 11 four years ago. they expected Hillary to win and built TONS of AR inventory, really went into the hole to make it expecting a huge buying surge post election. that didn't happen and their loans came due.... other manufacturers saw what happened and they're a bit hesitant to do production 24/7 to build up inventory i suspect. we will see.

-tdbru

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2019

I get their emails. Sometimes twice a day. I have no bone to pick with PSA. Their customer service was great in all my dealings with them. My go-to 6.5 Grrr is a PSA rifle and I don't prescribe or look down on so called "cheap stuff". (Except the majority of BCA barrels). Their Grendel prices are way up. My 20" upper from two years ago cost nearly twice as much BEFORE the pandemic hit. If their pricing was forced to go up due to economic shifts, that is one thing. But again, BEFORE the pandemic, they were way up but energy costs were way down. Raw material costs were down. Interest rates were down. Labor costs were steady. And PSA states they make their own barrels. (never sure about that).
                          The BBB is regarded highly and PSA addresses each and every complaint so they too feel it's important. Some of the complaints are unnecessary but if you read any amount of them, it appears that during this pandemic, PSA is NOT doing a good job dealing with their customer's orders and not following up with returns, refunds and turnaround shipments. Greed? Management shift? New business practice? I don't know but SOMETHING changed BEFORE the pandemic and during it hasn't been great based on those complaints. And others on this site on other posts have noticed it too. If they increased their quality of parts and workmanship on their line of AR products, great! But did they up their quality?

Comment

• Lastrites
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2017

PSA is like a little tea cup in a big ocean riding the surf up, down and around. That motion effects everything from their prices to customer service and an insanely amount of traffic from consumers. Rosecrans they do indeed make most of their barrels in house as they bought out a local machining shop a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Sputnik
                              Warrior
                              • May 2013

tdbru, I am glad you finally got back on the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X