• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinclair
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Who is doing Remington warranty repairs

Our pastor recently bought a Remington shotgun from a local farm store and it is very difficult to chamber or extract the shell. Close Inspection has revealed that the chamber is either short or the finish reamer was not used. The chamber has a step at the fore end of the chamber instead of the "ramp" the is typical on shotgun chambers. The shells are store bought and work perfectly in a neighbor's Remington shotgun.

The farm store tried to return the shotgun to Remington, but there is no answer, human or robot at their customer service number that they have always used. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on and what should be the next steps?
    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

This won't help much, but, you used to be able to find Remington replacement shotgun barrels at places like Brownells & MidwayUSA & other online retailers. Now days! Good luck! They're nowhere to be found. I hope you can get some satisfaction from Remington. If not, maybe you can find a finishing reamer for the chamber. Pacific Tool & Gauge has shotgun reamers. Or, find a good gunsmith specializing in shotguns & have him fix it.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Sinclair View Post
      Our pastor recently bought a Remington shotgun from a local farm store and it is very difficult to chamber or extract the shell. Close Inspection has revealed that the chamber is either short or the finish reamer was not used. The chamber has a step at the fore end of the chamber instead of the "ramp" the is typical on shotgun chambers. The shells are store bought and work perfectly in a neighbor's Remington shotgun.

The farm store tried to return the shotgun to Remington, but there is no answer, human or robot at their customer service number that they have always used. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on and what should be the next steps?
      Sinclair I went to the Vista Outdoors - Remington page and it says to call this number 1-800-243-9700 for service. Says you have to obtain a SRN number from them and they will give you instructions on how to ship it to them. You also need the serial number. Says they are open Mon-Fri 9-5est. Below is the link to the Help page. Click on General and about 15 questions down there is a link that explains everything you have to do to get a firearm fixed. Don't know if anybody will answer the phone or not but worth a shot. Also you can use email to contact Firearm Product Services at info@remarms.com. Everything seems to be a big secret with Remington now so good luck.

Last edited by jasper2408; 12-19-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Mann's Sporting Goods, Pinckneyville, Illinois. 1,229 likes · 6 were here. Shooting Accessories, Firearms, Ammunition, Gunsmithing,

If you do a search there a couple of news articles on Manns retirement in 2017.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-19-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Sinclair
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Mann's Sporting Goods, Pinckneyville, Illinois. 1,229 likes · 6 were here. Shooting Accessories, Firearms, Ammunition, Gunsmithing,

If you do a search there a couple of news articles on Manns retirement in 2017.
          I just called Mann's and they are backlogged 30 or so guns at this time ( Christmas and deer season). Justin said that anyone needing work on their gun to call back after the first of the year. He has an assortment of reamers Both 12 Ga and 20 Ga. He can recut a chamber and test the shotgun.

You might want to checkout Mann's FB page. They have some nifty Politically Incorrect pictures and comments. During the first Civil War, people living in Southern Illinois were called "Copperheads" for their Southern sympathies and general lack of support for the Federal government!

Thank you VASCAR2 and jasper2408
          Last edited by Sinclair; 12-20-2020, 05:55 PM. Reason: rewording for easier reading.
          Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• jasper2408
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

I have been to Zanders once. Musta been when they were still in Baldwin. It was in the 80's. If I remember correctly a young woman was the owner with her brother or husband maybe. I went there with a buddy (FFL) who would buy used trap guns from her and she dealt in real expensive Browning trap shotguns.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Sinclair, the answer to the question as originally posed is unfortunately, no one. Remington Arms is out of business. Liquidation for the benefit of creditors in bankruptcy. Vista bought the ammo business which was a standalone subsidiary, so don't bother them.The only hope for a warranty claim would be to see if the bankruptcy court set aside some funds from liquidation for the benefit of customers with warranty claims that could at least cover a part of the cost to have a third party do repairs, but I'd be willing to wager that would be pennies on the dollar since a lot of creditors who can afford pricey lawyers have been jockeying for position for months.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• jasper2408
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                  Sinclair, the answer to the question as originally posed is unfortunately, no one. Remington Arms is out of business. Liquidation for the benefit of creditors in bankruptcy. Vista bought the ammo business which was a standalone subsidiary, so don't bother them.The only hope for a warranty claim would be to see if the bankruptcy court set aside some funds from liquidation for the benefit of customers with warranty claims that could at least cover a part of the cost to have a third party do repairs, but I'd be willing to wager that would be pennies on the dollar since a lot of creditors who can afford pricey lawyers have been jockeying for position for months.
                  Actually the RoundHill Group bought the arms plant in Ilion, NY and plan on reviving the Remington name. Here is a link to a story that explains their plans. Claims they are well funded and have no debt.

&#9664Previous Post Next Postâ–¶ When the winning bidders for the major business lines of what was once the Remington Outdoor Company became known last month, most of the acquirers were quite familiar to the gun community. Companies like Ruger, Palmetto State Armory, Vista Outdoor, Sierra Bullets, Franklin Armory and Sportsman’s Warehouse are well known and […]

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
                    Actually the RoundHill Group bought the arms plant in Ilion, NY and plan on reviving the Remington name. Here is a link to a story that explains their plans. Claims they are well funded and have no debt.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ro...n-great-again/
                    They bought the assets. But not the liabilities.
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• jasper2408
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                      They bought the assets. But not the liabilities.
                      That is true.

I emailed them just yesterday at the address that I gave in my first post and I am waiting on them to respond to see what they are going to do about warranty work. The automated response that I got right away says that they will have the new website up and running in a couple of weeks but who knows when that was put up. I am as skeptical as you are but I am hoping they get their heads out of their bu**s and become innovators again.

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

I received an email from the new Remington company today and this is what they said about warranty repairs on purchases from the old Remington company.

Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. We expect to have our website, www.remarms.com. online very soon and production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable to service existing Remington firearms or honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational, we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.

We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.

Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to either Remington or a repair center, the delivery will be rejected.

Please contact info@remington.com for information regarding service for your current Remington firearm.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.

Comment

• Sinclair
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

I think that their response was what we expected, but wished otherwise! Actually, the people that I really feel sorry for is the dealers that stocked up when Rem was closing out their inventory. The local farm store is deep discounting what they have on the rack and sales are very slow at those prices.

My Pastor is in a dilemma, I think that he will eventually take the shotgun to Mann's, but he was hoping that something would happen along the lines of a warranty solution. A big "Thank you" to all of you that offered comments and did research on this issue.
                          Edward Abbey

Comment

Working...
                          X