• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Stan

My, what a thread to read first thing in the morning.

I deleted the thread but hopefully John can bring it back.

Stan went into a long tirade about something John had posted and decided to insult me and John personally and gun owners in general.

He knew when he posted this lengthy tirade that he would be banned permanently so I obliged him.

Stan was one of the first supporters of the Grendel. Probably due to his background as a military small arms historian. That is the reason why we kept him on board for as long as we did because otherwise he was an obnoxious leftist who would always take the anti gun stance in the 2A forum. He used the Democrat talking points exclusively and argued the same points every single thread so we banned him from the 2A forum. This enraged him but he seemed to have kept it in check until the thread that I deleted which went past the Democrat talking points and into personal attacks towards John and I.

Not sure what got into him but he knew exactly what would happen with his post and he got exactly what he expected.

A couple of guys did read the thread and can comment on it if they want.

I do apologize for deleting the entire thread and hope John can recover it.

LR55
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

I got a private message from him I did not appreciate and had already blocked his post. Not really into drama and those who like to create it. Personal attacks don't belong here IMO not what members of this board would like to see. If that's your thing go to Facebook. Since I deleted my account I won't see it.

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Yeah, Stan is definitely a character, and i certainly didn't agree with him on everything......but a leftist? No. Democrat talking points exclusively? No.

Sad to see someone with so much knowledge and the ability to use reason and logic go. I'll miss him.

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

I saw the thread. It was WAY out of line.

I personally would have permanently banned him long ago.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

He PM'd me like he did Popeye212. He sent it to 4 or 5 of the ones on the last 2A thread that we participated in.

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Never saw Stan's last post but he did PM me like others here and it was the usual anti Trump pro left argument.. Stan claims he was not a leftist, but he always used the lefts narrative. I just ignored him until he accused me of being a hypocrite and never supported his right to speak which was false. I did not appreciate that. Stan, like me and others have been given warnings when a discussion goes a stray..Stan had been warned many times and he had a hard time with the concept of following the moderator's rules on a private forum..Stan had good ideas and strong points during our debates, but admitting he was wrong was not one of them..

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

I have received irritating PM's from him as well, one of which was this morning.... but I've just been deleting them b/c they all seem to be non-informative and not worth reading. I've appreciated his historical additions in time past but haven't paid his tirades a lot of mind.
              Stan I do hope your health stabilizes and you find some peace inside. Lord knows we all could use some of that I'm sure.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• keystone183
                Warrior
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by montana View Post
                Stan had good ideas and strong points during our debates, but admitting he was wrong was not one of them..
                LOL, truer words never spoken!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Screenshot_20210831-174115_copy_361x358.png
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Sinclair
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Klem
                    For someone who is easily triggered, constantly argues, and was never prepared to give an inch he alienated himself out of the Forum. Ironic, but not surprising that he blames everyone else but himself.
                    Klem, no truer words were ever spoken. I grew up with very liberal family role models. At a young age (as 12 or 13 years old) I realized that the more liberal ones Ideas were the more intolerant they were of other People's ideas. At 77 I still have not been able to understand how the meaning of the terms Conservativism and Liberalism got reversed. Conservatives, at least most that I know, are willing to bend, to compromise to advance a cause for the good of all, but not a liberal, at least everyone that I know. It is all or nothing with them.

And yes, Stan sent to me PMs so annoying that at one point I requested to withdrawal from the forum, but one of the monitors talked me out of doing so. Too bad that Stan has so little respect of others as to not concede even an iota. He needs help with his issues.

One Sunday morning our Church District Superintendent said that some day people like Stan will finally get the World they so desperately seek. He just hoped that they will be happy with it.
                    Last edited by Sinclair; 09-01-2021, 01:52 AM.
                    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                    X